#1May 5th, 2009 · 06:56 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Laughter of Joy/Sax

This song is not in a battle

A track which I recorded March '08, added Sax, plus remixed a bit.
You'll hear a door close at the start. My daughter came in my bedroom then went out as she saw me recording, plus at some points in the composition my wife laughing, she was chatting to a friend of the phone downstairs, amazing how her laugh carries.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 5th, 2009 · 10:58 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Denis, you certainly are the master of getting the most clearest recordings....
 Love the mix especially with the clavicle piano. I was curious,,,,  I think you mentioned  that you use a (hardware) drum-kit...... if so, what brand  is it again?  *sounds great. Also I would like to know what you are using for keys as well.
 * love the groove and your professional jazz feel reminds me so much of the big band era..... i.e. Tommy Dorsey etc
 Awesome production *s
John
#3May 5th, 2009 · 11:02 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
The Joy of Sax !

Very easy listening, I no longer hear 'other bands' you have a musical voice of your own.
The xylophone takes me straight into the Mall at Vice City, but that's my ear.
Your recording quality is very clear and every instrument sits so clearly in the mix.
#4May 5th, 2009 · 12:25 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
This has a nice overall "vibe"...really relaxed, not overly complicated. Excellent instrument sounds. To me there seems to be some slight timing issues, but overall, nice work!
#5May 5th, 2009 · 01:26 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Fiddlah wrote…
Denis, you certainly are the master of getting the most clearest recordings....
 Love the mix especially with the clavicle piano. I was curious,,,,  I think you mentioned  that you use a (hardware) drum-kit...... if so, what brand  is it again?  *sounds great. Also I would like to know what you are using for keys as well.
 * love the groove and your professional jazz feel reminds me so much of the big band era..... i.e. Tommy Dorsey etc
 Awesome production *s
John

The keyboard is a very basic Yamaha PSR 280, the sound sample is supposed to be a Marimba, It was then put thorugh a tube preamp, which is called an Art gold tube preamp, then into a Yamaha workstation.
The drum Machine is an Alisis SR16, it was a preset rhythm, except I tapped out some of the beats like the ride as it was recording, also  changed some drum sounds and panning, put that through the preamp too.
I hope that helps in some sort of way
#6May 5th, 2009 · 01:31 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
battlecat wrote…
This has a nice overall "vibe"...really relaxed, not overly complicated. Excellent instrument sounds. To me there seems to be some slight timing issues, but overall, nice work!

Yeah your right about the timing, but it's jazz, so you have the licence to go anywhere with it so long as it sounds OK, otherwise your completly f****d lol
Cheers
#7May 5th, 2009 · 01:35 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
The Joy of Sax !

Very easy listening, I no longer hear 'other bands' you have a musical voice of your own.
The xylophone takes me straight into the Mall at Vice City, but that's my ear.
Your recording quality is very clear and every instrument sits so clearly in the mix.

Thanks Kings Thats what almost every muscians main goal, to have your own sound. It's only taken 38 years LOL
#8May 5th, 2009 · 01:52 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
man you've done it alright. youve got your own sound, your own style and its freaking awesome. totally easy listening and just an all around enjoyable track/style. amazing job. you have such pristine quality.
this is really great. i mean really.    

you've done it.
#9May 5th, 2009 · 02:20 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I love this, really really relaxed! The "marimba" comes off really well. Simple keyboards may require a little bit of effort to get their sounds sounding right, but when they do, they do! Ha!

The track makes me want to sip some Malibu cocktail in a hotel lobby in some distant location, enjoying all the good things in life!
#10May 6th, 2009 · 06:55 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
PuppetXeno wrote…
I love this, really really relaxed! The "marimba" comes off really well. Simple keyboards may require a little bit of effort to get their sounds sounding right, but when they do, they do! Ha!

The track makes me want to sip some Malibu cocktail in a hotel lobby in some distant location, enjoying all the good things in life!

Thanks PX, Yeah the good life indeed
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 11:57 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.