#1May 4th, 2009 · 04:02 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
it morphs

This song is not in a battle

my attempt at a drum n bass track...only it sorta morphed into early 90s dance half way through.
would like to sing something over this, don't really have any ideas yet

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 4th, 2009 · 05:17 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Wow you've really worked on the arrangement of this, it certainly keeps it interesting.

The only bit I'm not sure about, is when it slows down??

Yeah I can understand why you your not sure about the vocal , in that it's a kinda Epic. Lot's to think about I would imagine??

Perhaps sing to the main theme, which to me is the start and the end.

Great production and rhythms.

[BTW check out PX's song above this one, I think your vox would go great with it]
#3May 5th, 2009 · 03:07 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Real nice, but yeah it sounds more like a true instrumental to me, can't really imagine vox to this. Though heavy effected and filtered themes here and there... maybe!

I do feel it's missing a sort of aggression to be a true dancefloor thrasher though, and that's not because of the drums. Maybe the poppy lead synth is too friendly, this is also why it's sounding 90's dance like.

A really massive and sharp eq'd string/pad could spice it up a bit. There's already a good basis but screams for something more!
#4May 6th, 2009 · 06:41 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
It morphs ... lol ... it slows down it speeds up, it got loads of different sounds styles and melodies.
Denis mentions the main theme at the start and at the end.....

I think you should cut this at 1:06 , reintroduce 0:30 to 0:54 but with the soft pad (2:07 - 2:20) playing along and then develop it from there, the other parts of this song are songs unto them selves.
OK so it morphs back at 4:20 to the dnb , but with a trance synth........I imagine the soft pads over this part with a stronger synth sound.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 1:31 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.