26 posts
United States of America
Still seem to be having trouble with the volume
#3May 4th, 2009 · 11:52 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
volume issue
First lemme say, welcome to the Amp, CBwell !
  Very interesting sound you have here.... *nice vocals and from what I'm hearing, it reminds me  of something similar to an older Jefferson Starship compilation. *very unique!
 As far as your volume issues are concerned... I can hear  when you're getting ready to play your guitar, so I am assuming you recorded this directly through a microphone... am I correct?  Even if you did, you may want to mess around with some software that would  quote " normalize" your production. I find going directly through microphone, you will always have some issue,,,, whether it be volume or clarity etc. You may want to also consider going directly into your soundcard via "line in" or "auxilary in". This is just what it sounds like to me.
 Any questions,,,,, feel free to ask..... we're here to help..  *Also you can go to the forums and there feel free to post any question you may have, regarding  recording. Many good folks here that are more then happy to  put you on the right track.
  *Great attempt on your piece here.... *hope you can work it out,,,,, would love to hear more
~ Peace ~
Fiddlah
#4May 4th, 2009 · 12:12 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yes, it sounds really dreamy and aetheric...I like that vocal work... But too bad about the low master volume! It all depends on what software you use to record your track.... Normalizing is a common option in multitrackers/audio editing software... It's definately required in this case. Seems you have some talent, so let's hear it a bit louder!
#5May 4th, 2009 · 02:18 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
26 posts
United States of America
Well first off thank you for the compliments.
And yes I record mainly from microphone.
I should probably plug direct
I am working with a Boss BR1180
So the most probable solution
Is plugging direct.
#6May 4th, 2009 · 02:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I use a Yamaha AW16g workstation. I don't burn onto the  CD on the workstation, from the master out, I go straight into my sound card on my PC and record it on Adobe audition 1.5, which is an editing software and multitracker.

I'm sure you are recording the music to the optimum levels on your Boss, if not you should be able to, in any case when you are doing your individual tracks it's best set the recording level to it's optimum in other words just before it clips.

You can always download audacity, free download to normalize your recording, but I'm sure you would still be able to do it on your workstation.

Anyway I like your style, there is a lot of character in in your music, it's different, quite creative, look forward to hearing some more.

If you still have problems you can send me the music, I'll master it for you, send me a private message if you prefer with  your email address, I'll master it up and send it to you, it will only take me a few minutes.

Cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 11:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.