#1April 30th, 2009 · 10:23 AM
28 threads / 28 songs
95 posts
United States of America
Que Paso

This song is not in a battle

Aahh the things love brings out of us......

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 30th, 2009 · 04:37 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Heya Yug, brothah^...... I cant believe the crystal clear quality you're getting.......  and the  vocals harmonies are percise.... especially when you blend it with that classic Yugstah guitar notes. This piece has a definite commercial hook... I can easily hear this on the radio.. A+++ for composition, vocals and of course guitar work and mostly creativity!  Love it!!!!   *The best thing I like about this is this piece is that it sounds like an easy piece, but to the trained ear..... it is most definitely not... It may be easy listening,, because it simply is...... but the complexity of the whole composition is incredible!   *keep em coming buddy!
 John
aka Fiddlah 
#3April 30th, 2009 · 05:03 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ah man. fiddlah said it. crystal clear quality...amazing guitar, amazing lyrics...lol strangely i was expecting some heavily distorted explosions of guitar...i dont know why...but im glad it wasnt lol.

this is so great. the guitar and the vocal harmonies and everything. it is easy listening, but very complex. i really like your lyrics. your voice is great man.

im glad i stopped and took a listen. the stuff your doing with the guitar sounds so great man. and the mixing and the levels and everything are perfect too. nothings piercing my ears.

i think i hear some bass in the background? it sounds great..super soft and smooth.
i like how you mixed both vocal tracks at around 3:20 or whenever they come in.

i cant say the ending really fits me, i think the other vocal track should have faded out much quicker with the rest of the music.
#4May 1st, 2009 · 01:33 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice happy vibe. Great timing on those fast vocal harmonies.

Yeah Love is one of the most sacred vibes, many many of the best songs ever have a Love foundation.

Hmm when you do let go, I can see another coming on, and will be brilliant for you to capture that emotion and let it all go. 

Enjoyed it very much.
#5May 1st, 2009 · 07:06 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very sweet performance.....Sounds excellent from this end!!!
Just one question are you saying que paso as in what happened?
Anyways great listen...Super cool melody and guitar work..
#6May 1st, 2009 · 07:12 PM
28 threads / 28 songs
95 posts
United States of America
Yea I'm saying Que Paso. This actually came to me in a dream. I was watching a Mexican band performing this song then I woke up and started writing it down. All I remember about the dream is "Que Paso, You know I love you but I've gotta let go", and the melody, the rest I had to actually create while awake 

Thanks for the kind reviews!
#7May 3rd, 2009 · 04:30 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Your vocals are freakingly amazing... I so felt like drumming to this one
#8May 4th, 2009 · 08:23 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
26 posts
United States of America
In the beginning it made me think of
Bare Naked ladies.
But the harmonies are much better

1:28 I like the tone you have on your
Acoustic lead

And the harmony guitar licks are a great
Polish touch

Nice sing along song
Cheers
#9May 4th, 2009 · 12:27 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Quite the construction! Easy listening yes, apart from it not having drums.... this has some great commercial value, or am I the only who actually hears this? If you put a even a simple brushed drums rhythm under this it can go straight to radio... It's not a style I'd enjoy listening to (it's too pleasant! ) but deep respect for the musicianship, very very very very well composed!
#10November 4th, 2009 · 11:31 AM
28 threads / 28 songs
95 posts
United States of America
Thanks again guys!! 
#11November 5th, 2009 · 02:18 AM
89 posts
Canada
This is extremely well done.  The clarity of the vocal and guitar is top notch.  The song is really nice, great message and character.

...and damn, that is some wicked recording lol, can't get over it.  The harmonies are totally fitting and very well done.  I can't really think of what to say as a criticism lol, except that I agree with PuppetXeno in that it may be, unfortunately, overwhelmingly positive   How's that for criticism, you're happy, boooo lol.

Great, great piece.
Chris
#12November 5th, 2009 · 03:05 AM
28 threads / 28 songs
95 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the kind words but really, it's not all that positive. its about a Guy (me) telling his girlfriend that he has to let her go. Was kinda sad recording it. But hey, we're still together!  
#13November 5th, 2009 · 03:50 AM
89 posts
Canada
Ah yes, sorry I wasn't very clear with that phrase 'overwhelmingly positive'.  More specifically I was referring to the music itself as opposed to the lyrical content.  I am a fan of juxtaposition in art, and I enjoy the rather sad lyric paired with pleasant sounding instrumentation.  So hopefully that is a little clearer, music = happy, lyrics = certainly not   I should have been more clear. 

I do get a sense of bittersweet from the lyrics though.  It is almost like you are accepting that pain is part of the process but you still look to the future with promise:  so while it is sad, it still remains optimistic.  Starting specifically at 2:15.  "If you ever need me...", "my love will live on...although there is pain..." etc.  Says to me 'it's hard, necessary, but you'll never really lose me':  to me, THAT is positive, a realistic positive perhaps, but that's the best kind.  You mention you are still together, so that sentiment must still be there, more positive than negative.  Meh, or I could be waaaay off

Chris
#14November 5th, 2009 · 12:42 PM
28 threads / 28 songs
95 posts
United States of America
Chris you hit the nail on the Head!! Exactly!! 
#15November 15th, 2009 · 11:21 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
79 posts
United States of America
Though this isn't usually the type of style I'd listen to, you did an amazing job on this song. Great lyrics, really catchy, I like how when you say "I don't wanna love her..."etc it's said with a fast tempo which makes it even more upbeat. The guitar is really chill & relaxing, and most of all the vocal harmonies are incredible. The vocal harmonies really stand out in this song, they really make it great, especially at around 3:30 with the different vocals layered. Great job, I'd like to hear more songs from you in the future.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 9:22 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.