#1April 30th, 2009 · 05:07 AM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
Sick

This song is not in a battle

I'm not too happy about this song.. So I want to hear everybody's opinions. 
Tell me what you think.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Lyrics:

She's afraid that she will collapse, oh
Never say, never say never, no
The storm passed a long time ago, oh

And it looks like she will die
I'm afraid to tell her why
she will...

Now again she's feeling depressed, oh
Don't wanna be like this forever, no
But then again don't you ever say never, no

It looks like she will die
she will...

She's afraid that she will collapse, oh
She will never, never say never, no

It looks like she will die
she will...

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 30th, 2009 · 05:45 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Well I like the guitar work, the rhythm and percussive hits are very effective.The vocal melody and harmonies too are very cool. Mixing wise your vox could use a brighter equalization - but all in all it's another neat little track, very sweet on the ears!

However, for criticism about the lyrics: I find it pretty hard to understand what exactly is going on here, if this song was part of a themed album or playlist then it might be a bit clearer I suppose, but as a listener I find myself dropped in the middle of a story with no real concept of who the dramatis personae are. Who is she? In what way is she sick? What is she going to die from? Do I have to take it literally or figuratively?

The lyrics do not clearly point this out, they are quite ambiguous. Then again that may be what you intended.

Still I like the tune don't get me wrong! An original and well executed construction with great harmonies! Cheers.
#3April 30th, 2009 · 10:36 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Sad song, but you should tell her... no IFs, no BUTs
I know this situation very well, just hanging with my feet above the ground and have no clue how successful the last surgery was....

...still waiting

But other than that everyone of us will go by time

The chorus reminds me of some Beatles riff. And - don't get me wrong - your soft (and very good) voice is not strong enough to sing that lyrics.

Nice harmonies
#4May 1st, 2009 · 01:39 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I wont repeat what has already been mentioned, except you should definitely work on the eq, brighten it up.

I always get the eq from the mic positioning first, then small tweaks if necessary.

Keep 'em comin'
#5May 1st, 2009 · 04:40 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I really like this. great guitar work and vocals, and yes your vocals could be a bit brighter.
i really like the way you took this and sung it the way you did. it fits it. straight from the heart.

your voice cracking on its edge during the chorus adds a lot to the song. great job.
#6May 3rd, 2009 · 04:33 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
I like how the sound of the song is so in sync with the mood... very very melancholy
#7November 5th, 2010 · 04:40 PM
27 threads / 26 songs
83 posts
Russia
I like the song. More certainty in your voice will cure the situation. Good luck!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:51 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.