#1April 20th, 2009 · 10:30 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
calculate hello vs2
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 4 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2009-05

this is a previous song but with a friend. Some vocal spots are flat but over all I'm happy with it. I added bass later but don't have a copy to up load yet.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 21st, 2009 · 12:00 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Rhythm seems a little repetitive. To me everything seems.. not muffled.. maybe just flat in the EQ. Is that what you meant?

Anyway, I like the song. Performance is good.
#3April 21st, 2009 · 12:09 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Cool song my friend..This is much better quality recording from the last ones I heard from what I remember...
I think the drums are very cool just maybe break the beat a little with a ride cymbal instead of a hat all the time when it opens up in the soft parts..Also add a open hat at times to give it a bit more realism..One last think ,did you guys randomize the kick a bit in its velocities?..Yes i heard the flat vocal notes when it picks up but still awesome song and performance..Not to crazy about the fuzzy distortion but very cool song indeed!!!
#4April 21st, 2009 · 12:14 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
lol I've been trying to get a good quality distortion on a guitar for a long time now I just can't seem to quite get it right yet any tips on that would be most appreciated. I've tried direct input, mics w/ amps nothing comes through with distinguished notes.

mmm, the song does sound like it's missing some warmth to it. how would you guys adjust the EQ?
#5April 21st, 2009 · 12:33 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sounds to me like your not using a pre amp..When you use a mic what do connect too?Computer mixer?You need make sure you guitar line is line level when it start its signal flow when going into the computer...A small usb guitar connector can help some ,it might have enough to level the line out...They run between 20 to 50 in the single line version..
#6April 21st, 2009 · 03:03 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I think the chaps have already commented what I was going to say, just want to mention I like the song and the atmosphere it creates, it would be great for a Live show or indeed a video.

I would be interested in your set-up/equipment to help you get more warmth in your recordings.
#7April 28th, 2009 · 07:37 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
26 posts
United States of America
I like the drum drive
However the guitar seems a bit out of tune
Maybe my ears are just clogged

Who knows
But overall its got a good feel
#8May 22nd, 2009 · 03:49 PM
89 posts
Canada
Yeah, we all know I am sooo not drum loop guy, but I have an opinion anyway.  Way too repetitive.  That said, I really like the melancholy feeling you get across here, I don't care if/when you're flat, and I find the song interesting even though some of the parts never seem to change.

I give credit for that to the vocals, both the lyrics and the delivery.  I also like the slight bit 'o Maynard (tool) in a couple places:  trust me, they are there lol.  Even a tiny Silverchair, oddly, in the vocal as well.  Meh, anyway, the vocals keep me here, and I actually like the fuzz guitar though I also think the individual notes are lost in the grime.
Nice progression, the song builds and climaxes just like I like 'em.
#9May 26th, 2009 · 05:37 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
This is quite good. I would like to hear it with the bass- I think that would bring a lot more definition to the sound overall, adding depth, especially during the distorted guitar parts.
The parts with the natural harmonics on the guitar, while I like them compositionally, feel a little empty and weak as they are. The harmonics need to be crisper for me, maybe even with a litle reverb or something to cover over the empty hiss in the background during the silent moments.
I like the composition and the performance is pretty good. With a bassline and some tightening up production-wise this could be a really really good song.
#10May 28th, 2009 · 01:11 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I like how it finally begins after the intro. Reminded me of something from the grunge era, I like the darkness in there. Ok on production side, that guitar tone obviously needs speaker simulation! And most of the parts could use some buffing, equalization wise. I really like the performance on this track though, that all seems on spot. A bit more dynamics in the drums when the song gets heavier and maybe even a vocal distortion to intensify some parts, all in all it's a really decent piece!
#11November 26th, 2009 · 02:23 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
47 posts
United States of America
I agree the drums need more dynamic action going on during the chorus, distortion parts. I'll ummm.... have to work on that.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 5:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.