#1April 15th, 2009 · 04:18 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Takes Two

This song is not in a battle

Another song re-recorded using the new Jazz guitar.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 15th, 2009 · 04:31 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A very chilled and relaxing piece Denis.
I recognise the melody , or is this the 'classic' Denis sound?
Enjoying it as I usually do , cheers

#3April 15th, 2009 · 04:32 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ah great relaxing piece. loving it like always man. you sure are a musician. great job, great quality...
i really love the sound you get out of that new jazz guitar man.
rock on
#4April 15th, 2009 · 05:06 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
A very chilled and relaxing piece Denis.
I recognize the melody , or is this the 'classic' Denis sound?
Enjoying it as I usually do , cheers
 ;)

I created the tune a bout two year ago, but it was too short, always wanted to re do it, a new guitar gave me the inspiration.

The crazy thing is that the new guitar has an earth problem, noise basically unless I touch the pick ups, thus me grounding the guitar, anyway I messed around to get the cleanest possible sounds ever, which miraculously dimished the irritating noise, coupled with audio audition noise reduction it came out OK, Bl**dy miracle.

One positive thing has come out of it including the obvious, is that I now know how to get an ultra clean sound from recording the guitar.  The guitar is going to the menders tomorrow, The shop I bought it from are going to pay for it. Yeah sounds crazy, but I've already got attached to the guitar and don't want to swap it for another. I suppose every guitar built has it's own uniqueness, this one just was right when I played it. CRAZY or just plain MAD, or may be BOTH
#5April 15th, 2009 · 05:42 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
75 posts
United States of America
I sure dig your smooth jazzy feel! Great tone on that new gat!
#6April 15th, 2009 · 10:11 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Denis this is awesome,love the tone man..Great jazz groove..Your the man!!!!I don'thave much to say about the mix..Sounds quite big my friend!!!!
#7April 16th, 2009 · 01:21 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
This is very nice indeed Denis. 
Lovely sound to the guitar  - great vibe overall - mix is spot on to my ears.  Drums are very nicely done.
One glitch in the recording at about 2:12 (sounds like you pieced a bit in using your DAW, but didn't quite cue it right so the timing's out.  Other wise an excellent recording.
#8April 16th, 2009 · 01:58 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Jiminuk wrote…
This is very nice indeed Denis. 
Lovely sound to the guitar  - great vibe overall - mix is spot on to my ears.  Drums are very nicely done.
One glitch in the recording at about 2:12 (sounds like you pieced a bit in using your DAW, but didn't quite cue it right so the timing's out.  Other wise an excellent recording.
:)

Well spotted Jim @2.12, I've never noticed that before, I didn't piece anything together as far as I'm aware, the timing is OK, I wonder what it is, it's a mystery at the moment, I'll have to listen to each track to work out the culprit, then exterminate it with my finger lol
#9April 16th, 2009 · 09:18 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Chilled
Hi Denis

This is really nice and chilled.  A very clean sounding recording.  Reminds me of the Girl from Ipanema.

Thumbs up from me.

Paul
#10April 17th, 2009 · 03:12 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Chilled
PRG wrote…
Hi Denis

This is really nice and chilled.  A very clean sounding recording.  Reminds me of the Girl from Ipanema.

Thumbs up from me.

Paul

Hmm, I've always been meaning to do a Cover of 'Girl from Ipanema' since I started learning the Sax,
to busy creating new stuff, which is my passion I suppose.
#11April 21st, 2009 · 09:46 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Hi Denis,
 it does remind me just a little of "Girl from Ipanema"  , but only maybe in tone as well as just some of the beat.  I love that clean sound you're getting..... sounds like an elec Gretch or similar with a definate f-hole sound.  Anyways..... beautiful feel especially with the percussions.
 *puts one in a definite smooth groove as previously mentioned 
#12April 22nd, 2009 · 03:02 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Fiddlah wrote…
Hi Denis,
 it does remind me just a little of "Girl from Ipanema"  , but only maybe in tone as well as just some of the beat.  I love that clean sound you're getting..... sounds like an elec Gretch or similar with a definate f-hole sound.  Anyways..... beautiful feel especially with the percussions.
 *puts one in a definite smooth groove as previously mentioned  :)

This is the guitar I purchased, It's a new make, they are produced from the same factory as Epiphone.
http://musicalbits.com/Rally-Blue-Harlem-16-5-Jazz-Guitar_ANHFC.aspx
Cheers
#13April 28th, 2009 · 04:38 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Man, Denis this is nice, mate... Only thing i can say is that the congas to the left are too far over and bit too loud to my ear... If it were me (just an opinion) I would center them a tad more and lower the volume just a bit... I imagine it would gel like butter then... this is very smooth! Cheers!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 9:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.