#1April 15th, 2009 · 09:15 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Roscommon

This song is not in a battle

I spent a summer in Roscommon Ireland. I lived in the small 2 room thatched roof home my grandfather was raised in along with his 13 brothers and sisters. One of the most beautiful places I have ever experienced. Anyways, I composed this piece with that in mind as an instrumental with
2 acoustics with piano and strings. *I hope you enjoy it,
 John
aka: Fiddlah

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 15th, 2009 · 09:39 AM
34 threads / 18 songs
68 posts
Denmark
Really beautiful work! Guitar and Piano just fit SO good together!

A question: How do you record this (newbies here ) do you play on the piano/guitar into your PC or use an other kind of program?
#3April 15th, 2009 · 10:21 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Thank you Zitto for the  compliment~!
 There are  a few different ways I do record, but all of them are recorded directly into my PC , using my sound card of course. To give you a better perspective, I use a Xynyx 802 Berringer mixer. Its a very small mixing board with huge capabilities. I plugged my acoustic directly into the mixer input on one of the 4 channels, adjusted my EQ and from there I go stereo out, which is a 1/4" jack then it's adapted down to an 1/8" stereo jack then finally it's plugged directly into my sound card (SB Audigy 2) in the "line in".  I record with a few different softwares, one of my favorite is of course "Cool Edit Pro 2.1". So in short, I record clean and use the software for mixing -  i.e. panning, volume, effects etc.  That's where it gets difficult sometimes... listening  to it over and over and trying to get it just the way you like it as well as the way others will hear it. *My piano is a Kawai CA9, which is totally awesome. That is usually recorded the same way except I can add the effects straight from the keys before recording, which makes my job a little easier in the final mix, besides setting volume and panning and possibly a slight EQ adjustment. * I hope this helps you!  and Welcome aboard!  There are some awesome  musicians here that don't mind sharing their knowledge at anytime!
 Thanks again,
~ Peace ~
Fiddlah
#4April 15th, 2009 · 12:11 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
75 posts
United States of America
Ahh... Like a spring day in Ireland! Good tone on that acoustic!
#5April 15th, 2009 · 01:44 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ah man this is great. great quality, great feeling.

the guitar and piano really do compliment eachother very well. excellent instrumental piece.

i like how you progressed the song onwards, and didn't get it stuck in a rut!
you really do have tons of talent. i have a Xenyx 1204fx behringer mixer, I use the usb plug it comes with to plug into my computer and i record in audacity. I usually mic my amp though...(at least for distortion or overdrive or anything.)
I really like the changeup you have come in at around 3:20!!

awesome...i reallly enjoyed this
#6April 15th, 2009 · 10:09 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I though I posted a comment here but I don't see it...Did you remix it?
Great song and recording....Really love the piano and guitars!!!!
#7April 15th, 2009 · 11:46 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Thanks for all the compliments...... *very appreciated~!
 Yes Marino buddy, I took your advice and lowered the  strings from 3:17 on..... I was pleased with the outcome and others seem to be as well. *You have quite the ear, which I dont have to tell you, bro.
 I may not always take your advice, but I will always check out what you have to say, to better the sound.... and you're normally right on     *btw I havent had much time this week to mess with FL8, but more importantly I think we should get your system in order before we  continue with the FL8 lessons. Lemme ask..... have you noticed a decent improvement with the small tweaks we've done so far?  *probably not a huge improvement, but some anyways..... am I correct?  If you have time  tomorrow  or Saturday, we can hook up and finish settin you up. Shoot me an email bud.....  and we'll set a time ok?
 Thanks again, everyone!
 Peace,
Fiddlah *s
#8April 16th, 2009 · 09:27 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Nice
This is nice, relaxing piece which does make me think of rural Ireland.  The folky influences and the combination of instruments do really help set the scene.

If you could get some lyrics on here (from an Irish person) it would be even better.

Paul
#9April 16th, 2009 · 09:37 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Fiddlah wrote…
Thanks for all the compliments...... *very appreciated~!
 Yes Marino buddy, I took your advice and lowered the  strings from 3:17 on..... I was pleased with the outcome and others seem to be as well. *You have quite the ear, which I dont have to tell you, bro.
 I may not always take your advice, but I will always check out what you have to say, to better the sound.... and you're normally right on     *btw I havent had much time this week to mess with FL8, but more importantly I think we should get your system in order before we  continue with the FL8 lessons. Lemme ask..... have you noticed a decent improvement with the small tweaks we've done so far?  *probably not a huge improvement, but some anyways..... am I correct?  If you have time  tomorrow  or Saturday, we can hook up and finish settin you up. Shoot me an email bud.....  and we'll set a time ok?
 Thanks again, everyone!
 Peace,
Fiddlah *s

ahh no worries..Ya man Pc is flying thank you so much my friend!!!!Frid or sat is good..Ill keep an eye...
#10April 16th, 2009 · 09:54 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Thank you PRG.....
 I could have easily put some lyrics in this, but I actually was trying to just do an instrumental which would leave the native Irish musical influence open  to one's own thoughts. Also, I think lyrics would actually take away from the different scales throughout the song as well as the change-ups. I'm glad you  enjoyed it though,
 Fiddlah
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.