#1April 11th, 2009 · 01:19 AM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Clap, Rest, Clap, Rest...

This song is not in a battle

The song started off in my head, then moved onto to a clarinet riff that seemed to impress my friends while at an ensemble practice. It's an alternation of a jazz solo that I heard a year ago, except I gave the riff straight beats instead, so you could tell it was 4/4. The tempo changes are a bit choppy - If you saw the notation you could see why. The program I'm using (Noteworthy Composer) doesn't really let you use a simple accelerando button, so I had to increase it around 10 beats per quarter after every 2 bars, haha. So yeah. Basically started off as a clarinet riff, now written in notation with two trumpets and a euphonium (all of which are computer-generated sounds, ugh).

When you listen, imagine a group of kids sitting around one clarinetist, clapping on the 1st and 3rd beats... Yeah, that's pretty much what happened with me and my friends at ensemble practice.

(If you've downloaded my other songs, you'll notice the album name "MIDI is terrible". I still fully agree, heh.)

Oh and I should also mention... This somehow reminded me of PorcelainDoll's music! Haha!

-XFactor-

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 11th, 2009 · 02:00 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
great composition! very cool sounding indeed! midi is terrible...lol.

but hey at least youve got this great idea out, now all thats left is final recording.
sounding great...very inspiring...
reminds me of some of these old cheesy video games lol

i enjoyed the listen. nice job~!
#3April 11th, 2009 · 05:14 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
This actually has quite a funny and light, bright vibe to it. Yes there's some MIDI-ness to it, but it sounds quite alive. It's a strange mixture of video game tune and maybe some sort of cartoon type theme music... Maybe this will be great with a claymation video to it!

I'm not hearing PD in there though, in my ears PD's music is very electronic, while yours is aimed at acoustic/real instrument both in scoring as in sound (emulation).
#4April 11th, 2009 · 02:21 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Thanks!
Thanks for the comments!

The song works better being played by my computer's MIDI-mapper, but sadly, BandAMP doesn't accept MIDI, so I had to convert it using some online converter... (www.hamienet.com/midi2mp3 - They say you get 1 free conversion, but you can just reload the page and get more, hahaha...)

Yeah, I was thinking more of how the song was arranged rather than the sound. Like I mentioned, it sounds much different in the form of an MP3 compared to if it was MIDI. So I guess my music has a computer-regenerated sound, like a double conversion.

Oh and also... Did it really sound 'alive'? I always found it kinda dead... I mean, if computers were alive, I would've had a lot more trouble taking apart my old Windows 98.

-XFactor-
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:51 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.