#1April 10th, 2009 · 07:17 PM
7 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Dripping Notes

This song is not in a battle

Classical sort of piece. Some mistakes but i'll smooth them out later.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 11th, 2009 · 05:28 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Because of the minimalistic arrangement - just a guitar with distortion, envelope-effect (slow attack) and delay (this is a guitar right?) and the tones you play this sets kindof an eery atmosphere. It's halfway obscure 8-bit video game like (equally minimalist monophonic music) and sounds that emerged from the first experiments with electronic music in the late 19th century. As I've been focusing on video projects lately, I'm imagining images to everything I hear. With this I see footage from silent movies, particularly gothic ones.

All in all, it sets an atmosphere. So never stop experimenting..
#3April 11th, 2009 · 09:02 PM
7 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
Because of the minimalistic arrangement - just a guitar with distortion, envelope-effect (slow attack) and delay (this is a guitar right?) and the tones you play this sets kindof an eery atmosphere. It's halfway obscure 8-bit video game like (equally minimalist monophonic music) and sounds that emerged from the first experiments with electronic music in the late 19th century. As I've been focusing on video projects lately, I'm imagining images to everything I hear. With this I see footage from silent movies, particularly gothic ones.

All in all, it sets an atmosphere. So never stop experimenting..

There are some problems that I wish I could fix. For one yes it is a guitar, but when I imagined this piece originally, I wanted a violin. I dont have one so I thought i'd try my best to get as close as possible to sound like one.
I wanted alot more to it like backing tracks or maybe to control that effect a bit more (its set so I had to play on time with it, not like a wah pedal or something like that). But I also wanted to have something I could play thats just simple with the guitar.
Yes the whole piece is pretty much what your saying it is, I thought most of it up when I was listening to things like the moonlight sonata and the emeror's hymn, songs like those.
And yea you basically got it with the images things, except with me I imagined more water, icicles, and snowy types of things. Which I guess could relate to gothic settings.

Thanks for the reply, you got most of the stuff I was thinking when I made it.
#4April 13th, 2009 · 11:55 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah this is great, something you can definatley develope, so maybe try a cello, should be easy enough, just play an octave lower, should work, hmm would be interesting if you tried this effect with a bass guitar.

Great Stuff
#5May 4th, 2009 · 08:28 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
26 posts
United States of America
Overall it has a good direction
I do however agree with denis
Its a gem, yet needs developing

Find some friends
With talents pertaining to strings?
#6May 4th, 2009 · 10:50 PM
7 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
CBwell wrote…
Overall it has a good direction
I do however agree with denis
Its a gem, yet needs developing

Find some friends
With talents pertaining to strings?

Thanks man, and yea if only I could find someone who could play something else besides guitar or bass around here. 

(and I mean if I can find people in my city that play other strings)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 11:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.