#1April 9th, 2009 · 04:09 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Rally Jazz

This song is not in a battle

I've bought a new Jazz guitar
http://musicalbits.com/Rally-Blue-Harlem-16-5-Jazz-Guitar_ANHFC.aspx

It's a new brand that has not been officially launched, They are  produced from the same factory as Epiphone.
Superb value for money.  I also tried an Eastman [Gibson es335 lookalike] which cost a bomb, £1099.00 striling, but it's the nicest guitar I've ever played. For the money the guitar I bought was great.

So, naturally I've just done some Jazz me blues, all totally off the cuff, I could add drums and Bass to it, it needs real drums really, if anybody wants to have a go at programming the drums its 145bpm, and anything else for that matter, please do.

Cheers

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 9th, 2009 · 06:49 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ah man it sounds great!
yeah needs drums and bass...

awesome playing. i like your style.

ah i love those tones man...great guitar
#3April 9th, 2009 · 07:25 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
75 posts
United States of America
That is a great sounding gat Denis! 
What if one wants a wave file to track to?

Jim
#4April 9th, 2009 · 07:48 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Love the thick ballsy tone denis and great playing..Yousendit is free up to a 100 mg for wav transfer and also Skype or yahoo messenger can be used up to 1 gig Halfstack..
Denis great playing as usual..
#5April 9th, 2009 · 11:35 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
wow love the tone of this guitar.. is that thru the pod ?

it has the perfect amount of breakup clean with just the right amount of edge to it.  freakin great playing.
#6April 10th, 2009 · 03:50 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Halfstack wrote…
That is a great sounding gat Denis! 
What if one wants a wave file to track to?

Jim

The bit Rate on this mp3 is 192, It should be good enough to work with, however if you pm me your email, I'll send you the wav file.

Cheers

Denis
#7April 10th, 2009 · 03:55 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
wow love the tone of this guitar.. is that thru the pod ?

it has the perfect amount of breakup clean with just the right amount of edge to it.  freakin great playing.

Yeah Greg you know your stuff, put it through a Line6 pod, used a line6 blues preset, but lowered the treb and mids, the guitar was on the rhythm pup, tone set about half way. There is a couple of fender presets that are jazzy and a roland jazz chorus preset on it too, will experiment with it, see how it turns out.

Cheers
#8April 10th, 2009 · 02:30 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
sounding gooood, maybe briten it up a tiny bit, but nice to listen to none the less 
#9April 11th, 2009 · 09:45 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Devo wrote…
sounding gooood, maybe briten it up a tiny bit, but nice to listen to none the less  ;)

I'm gonna experiment with my pod to see what turns out.  One of my favorite Jazz guitarists is Wes Montgomery, I love the tone he gets on the guitar, one of the reasons is that he plays with his thumb [and I don't mean like a baby. lol] I'm gonna try and get a similar tone, but I'll be using the flesh part of my fingers ha ha.
I was getting an earth noise from the guitar when the mids and treble were turned up, It's a bad earth, hence when I touch anything metal on the guitar the noise disappears. I don't know if this is a fault of the guitar, I don't get it on my USA Strat? I'm gonna chat with the shop I purchased it from, see what happens.

Cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:20 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.