#1April 2nd, 2009 · 03:27 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
On My Mind

This song is not in a battle

This is the the reverse side of VooDoo Man, another one of my songs recorded in the late 80s. I thought it would kind of cool to share. Back then this quality was considered the tops.... *Nothing compared to what we get for quality these days, of course! I thought some might enjoy the  vocal harmonies going on in the chorus sections.  *Hope you like
Fiddlah^  *s

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 3rd, 2009 · 01:36 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I quite like recordings of the eighties, they can warm up your frozen feet on a cold winters day, just like this cut.

Yeah the harmonies are beautiful, I would have liked to heard them earlier in the song, it's the best part.

My only other critique is I thought the drums were a little too high in the mix, it would have been nice for the rhythm guitar to have been a bit louder to support the great vocal delivery.

All the same it's been very well put together and I enjoyed listening to it.

Thanks for sharing with us Fiddlah.

Cheers
#3April 3rd, 2009 · 04:33 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
75 posts
United States of America
This is a good song. Very easy to listen to. Just the right length. Great gat work! You do all this yourself?
What platform? Tell me all!
#4April 3rd, 2009 · 10:34 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the critiques/comments and compliments guys. Very Well appreciated!!! To answer your questions halfstack bud..... This was our band "Locust"... Now from what Ive seen, there is another newer band named Locust.... pls dont confuse me with them... we were 1st by years ;-)   The recording was done at Bluejay recording studios in Carlisle Massachusetts. Totally done with analog technology  i.e. late 1980s, but I'm glad you like this particular piece. It was also my wife and mine's wedding dance song as well, which is cool.
 I'm glad I have been active on here in Amp. I have heard some incredible musicians and made some new friends plus it's given me more motivation to record more often. Thanks so much!
John aka: fiddlah^
#5April 4th, 2009 · 12:03 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice one...Yes 80's comes to mind...But maybe not so much the regular pop radio one hit stuff..Its more like one of those smooth tracks of the mid to late 70's, like later crosby stills material or eagles even.Nice solo but it gets a bit lost when you sing on top..Not a level thing more like an eq setting that needs tweaking...Exellent work though...
#6April 4th, 2009 · 12:23 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Like this, enjoyed the harmonies.
Don't agree with Denis about the level of the drums - all instrument placement sounds about right to my ears.

This is a mellow, middle of the road, soft rocky kind of sit back and enjoy music.  A sort of middle of the album type of song, which while it's very well constructed, played, recorded, etc, doesn't quite have the balls to really grab me and make me want to hear it time after time.  I'd liken it to many songs by Toto in terms of sound and impact.  Perhaps that's the 80s feel coming through.

Don't get me wrong - I still like it!

Jim A
#7April 6th, 2009 · 12:10 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Great song, very eighties indeed - I understand the mixing quite well even the distant solo guitar. Could've been turned up a notch though. But it's a really great track, I'm getting bar-night sentiments from this (lol)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 10th, 2024 · 11:11 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.