#1March 29th, 2009 · 03:07 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
19 posts
United States of America
Pain II

This song is not in a battle

i went back and took some of yalls advice and changed a few things i also went back and recorded guitar then sang back over it instead of recording a single track i think it came out alittle better

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 29th, 2009 · 10:38 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The vox key is much better, and I can hear it nice in the mix.

There was more depth in the guitar on the previous recording on the guitar, which I personally prefer.

And perhaps a lttle reverb in the guitar, just enough so you can hear it kick in.

The vox is great.

Overall a great improvement.

Denis
#3March 29th, 2009 · 11:00 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Wow man great improvement. The vox sounds 100% better.

I agree with denis in that I think there was more "depth" in the guitar in the first recording...but man...this rocks!!

Great job.Your doing a lot better with your singing. rock on
#4March 30th, 2009 · 03:35 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Man, I love this style! The intro(up to :20) got me right away!  A little work on the production and i could see you going far... You went at the guitars in a more original way than most run of the mill and that set you apart in my mind... especially in the intro... maybe bring more of the intro vibe into the body of the song...  Easy on the vox... bring a solo in ..again in the style of the intro..don't be afraid of a little silence... put a little air in there... I guess im saying don't be so quick to finish the song.  Its lovely...relax into it a bit more... felt a bit of a rushed vibe... (imho)
#5March 30th, 2009 · 04:08 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Wow definately much better, vox wise! Very impressed. Yes, next is working on overall production quality and arrangements. Rhythm backup, I suppose, comes first. You're multitracking as I understand, what software are you using? Do you have any experience with softsynths, sequencing.. ?

cheers
#6March 30th, 2009 · 06:02 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Pain II
like this is nice...............
clear guitar and very clear vocals/lyrics
so nice recording...well done!!

sorry 2 hear u in such pain!!!
not a fantastic song on the lyric/structure front.........but rather a nice short interlude for some of our depressed bretheren.

FISH
#7March 30th, 2009 · 10:51 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
19 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
Wow definately much better, vox wise! Very impressed. Yes, next is working on overall production quality and arrangements. Rhythm backup, I suppose, comes first. You're multitracking as I understand, what software are you using? Do you have any experience with softsynths, sequencing.. ?

cheers
Well i sorta just used audacity and a regular computer mike wrapped in a wash cloth lol i have no understanding of all the technical stuff like softsynths and stuff but i did record the guitar then sang over it which ive never done before but it allowed me to focus more on my voice than trying to play and sing at the same time like i did in the first recording
#8April 1st, 2009 · 03:54 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Dartinis wrote…
Well i sorta just used audacity and a regular computer mike wrapped in a wash cloth lol i have no understanding of all the technical stuff like softsynths and stuff but i did record the guitar then sang over it which ive never done before but it allowed me to focus more on my voice than trying to play and sing at the same time like i did in the first recording

Well that's cool One step at a time, I'd say! If you want to get into building arrangements and so, all I can say for now is Read into the subject a lot, Experiment a lot, and if you have any questions just ask them in the Recording forum. Let your creativity prevail 
#9April 1st, 2009 · 04:51 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Pain II
so as i listen to this.............
well recorded............. nice vocs and guitar........
sounds like a sad, sad time........... its a song for you.... well laid down .......
but as a song its not great ...........but the feeling is real

thanx
#10April 1st, 2009 · 06:16 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
it's sad, it is a sad song, and it makes me sad listening to it.  it is very dark and moody.  it sends your pain out which makes it a very good song.. production could use work, but i read how you recorded it and it came out great.

with a little more effort this could a great song.. it has the potential.
#11June 10th, 2009 · 03:55 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
19 posts
United States of America
i had no idea at first why i wrote this song or even what it was about but to give clarification i now have a reason on April 25 2009 my best friend was killed in a car accident on prom night (ironic much?) and i really feel that this song fits a lot with the way i felt after that and still feel to this day
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:22 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.