#1March 27th, 2009 · 07:26 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
a bit like la roux

This song is not in a battle

i was playing around with some noises and came up with this. i really like some parts so i might make it into a proper song, (getting rid of that copycat bit)

if you havn't heard of la roux, look her up. her song 'in for the kill'

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 28th, 2009 · 01:32 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I think it's a great set of sounds and ideas.  Nice depth to the noises.

If you decide to take things further, I would suggest maybe building off of that deep brass-sounding synthy trumpet from the beginning.  Except that I'd make it jump up to those melody variations sooner... just 2 or maybe 3 of the low 3-note measures, instead of 6 measures.  It feels like it loses a bit of its intriguing  atmosphere to repetitiveness of the opening lines.

meh.  *shrug*.  Who knows.  Maybe with some words, 6 measures will be fine.  But from the casual listener's point of view, 2 would be better, and it would keep a quick pace of an influx of interesting melodies.

The bass part after 2:20 is also really good.  Sounds amazing, quality-wise, and could easy play the part of a hammer-it-down verse.

Amazing start!
#3March 30th, 2009 · 03:29 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Although I dont think you've ever heard a single tune of mine i keep coming back for yours... Nice mix here! Love your style, miss your vox! Nuff said...
#4March 30th, 2009 · 04:05 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I watched the La Roux video on Youtube, I did notice some superficial similarity in the drum track mainly. Hers is a cool tune, but yours is aswell, and it's definately not a cover. It's roughly in the same style if thats what you mean. Cool track and yes me too wanna hear your vox, but hey. Take care!
#5March 30th, 2009 · 06:07 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: a bit like la roux
ok ..... playin about with noises is fine............
and easy.....
miss your unique voc input.......
look forward to song...........
say no more
FISH
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 12:21 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.