#1March 25th, 2009 · 04:44 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
HOPE

This song is not in a battle

Thought I'd try my hand at a classic Soul Ballad.
Would love someome to write song lyrics to this. Please PM me if you're interested.

Cheers

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 26th, 2009 · 01:12 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ahhh classic.
really loving this denis. its classic and got great arrangements...I really enjoyed this. You combined all the instruments so well together.

Great job!
#3March 26th, 2009 · 06:07 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Its almost like it doesn't need any vox at all Denis..This is as you say superb...Man this is really a beauty....Very much enjoyed the listen..Some of the drum fills need a bit of tweaking but man awesome job!!Great sax playing.....
#4March 26th, 2009 · 06:46 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: HOPE
cool relaxed trak
hey this instrumental begs a lyric!!!
production A+++
but.............

Vocs will make it!!!

love it

fish
#5March 27th, 2009 · 12:23 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Wow this is great, I can imagine vox in there, but it surely stands without them, as instrumental. That's a really nice sax. Some of the drum fills however are off a bit though..

But structure and mixing wise it's a real nice song. Maybe a male/female duet of sorts could fit in..
#6March 27th, 2009 · 02:15 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
PuppetXeno wrote…
Wow this is great, I can imagine vox in there, but it surely stands without them, as instrumental. That's a really nice sax. Some of the drum fills however are off a bit though..

But structure and mixing wise it's a real nice song. Maybe a male/female duet of sorts could fit in..

Yeah I was thinking of a female vocal, the key what suite a female vox.  I suppose the song is good for both instrumental and vocal, I hope somebody will contact me soon to write some lyrics.

Cheers
#7March 27th, 2009 · 03:03 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Geez! Denis, you are bad ass! This is simply lovely! Agreed.. lyrics or no, its a winner!
#8April 1st, 2009 · 06:38 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
woah,  this is great,  love the progressions, and instruments used fit perfectly.  That sax is fantastic.  along with the tasty ac guitar riffs. 

This begs for a silky alto female vocal,  or  a rougher Joe Cocker male vocal.  

hmm maybe you could get on of the many lyrics posted up in lyrics forum  to fit with a little tweakin.

awesome. just awesome
#9April 2nd, 2009 · 01:12 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
woah,  this is great,  love the progressions, and instruments used fit perfectly.  That sax is fantastic.  along with the tasty ac guitar riffs. 

This begs for a silky alto female vocal,  or  a rougher Joe Cocker male vocal.  

hmm maybe you could get on of the many lyrics posted up in lyrics forum  to fit with a little tweakin.

awesome. just awesome

Yeah Greg, I should do that, check on the lyrics forum, who on the AMP do you think could sing this?
I was thinking of a kinda soulful voice.

I too like the progression when it takes it back into the verse, I've never used this structure before, I just felt the chords and they just seem to fit.

Cheers
#10April 2nd, 2009 · 02:28 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Beautiful composition, Denis. I agree..... some very heartfelt lyrics with a nice female vocal would  complete this amazing piece!
~ Peace ~
#11April 3rd, 2009 · 04:39 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
75 posts
United States of America
Great recording level wise. Very smooth. Sax plays the part of the vocal fine. Why change it. Another great tune from Denis!
#12October 12th, 2011 · 11:47 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
29 posts
United States of America
Sax?
Do you play the sax?
#13October 13th, 2011 · 02:35 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Sax?
tltate wrote…
Do you play the sax?
I started on Soprano in 2008, I've just purchased an Alto and looking to re-record one of my songs with it.  I don't get the chance to practice the Sax as it's too loud for the home.
Would you like to collab with me? PM with your email address and I'll send you the backing track, I'm also looking to perhaps put a vocal on it
#14October 13th, 2011 · 06:45 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
EndlessNight wrote…
yeah really good production, which instruments are real, which are midi, and which are sampled? i cant tell except for the drums of course :-) did u have some timing or quantizing issues or was that on purpose?

real good sound anyway

All accept Drums - Alesis SR16 , I manually tapped in the fills...lol - I sold it last month, The Synth is a  Roland 1080 synth module - very popular in the 90's - GREAT SOUND. I picked one up on eBay for £90.00 - You can still get expansion slots on eBay to increase the sound banks. Hmm... I haven't used it for a long while come to think of it. 

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 11:24 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.