#1March 19th, 2009 · 11:23 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
6 posts
United States of America
Fall In Love Again

This song is not in a battle

Just me in my basement, messin around with my toys!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 20th, 2009 · 12:12 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
You really create a great feeling with the beginning intro with all the keyboard and everything.
Awesome guitar!! You've combined all of these intsruments into one totally awesome production!!!

Your vocals really fit this style of music. Were you playing all the instruments? It sounds great man!! I really like your vocal style. I think that the vox could be brought up in the mix just a bit. And maybe some all-around quality increases would do this song a whole deal of good...but this is great the way it is!!

Totally love the song man. Downloaded. ka ching. could you post the lyrics?

I really like how the slow keyboard intro transforms into this awesome rock explosion. HOLY MOLY!!! guitar solo. top notch. (Im writing this as I listen). Sweet solo. Could use some work I suppose but it sounds great.

oooooo clean ending. wasn't expecting that, but it works great.

welcome to the amp.
#3March 20th, 2009 · 03:11 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hmm sounds like a Roland synth, I recently purchased a Roland 1080.

Guitar rhythm sounds a bit harsh, you could try to compress it, tube compression would be awesome.
Take to take some bottom off the Bass guitar/Bass drum and toms, sounds a bit boomy to me.

Like your vox.

Nice lead Solo, a few bum notes, no real bother as it's rock & roll.

Drum mics too close to cymbols.

Sorry this sounds like I'm being hypercritical, but I'm confident it will sound heaps better with a remix.

Welcome to bandAMP

Denis
#4March 20th, 2009 · 03:35 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hey, nice song! Though not all instruments are tuned properly, and the overall production quality isn't 100%, it's still quite good. You've made this by yourself, do you play or have you played in a band?
#5March 21st, 2009 · 01:17 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
6 posts
United States of America
Thanks for all the input! I actually played all the instruments and recorded the song in ableton live 6 in my basement three days ago. I tell you what, it is hard trying to set all the instruments to a click. Denis-- it is actually kind of funny, the keyboard I use is a $200 yamaha I bought from Best Buy. I could not believe the sounds that came out of thing, so I decided to buy it. The drums were recorded using a condenser mic on the kit and a sure p58 on the bass drum. Obviously not the best recording set up for drums. Hence the boominess. I am glad that you all like the song and I am always happy to hear suggestions on how to record better. I have had this computer program for a year and a half and still struggle with getting a good recording. Once again thanks for the great tips and I will use them on the next song.
#6March 21st, 2009 · 02:50 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Flord wrote…
Thanks for all the input! I actually played all the instruments and recorded the song in ableton live 6 in my basement three days ago. I tell you what, it is hard trying to set all the instruments to a click. Denis-- it is actually kind of funny, the keyboard I use is a $200 yamaha I bought from Best Buy. I could not believe the sounds that came out of thing, so I decided to buy it. The drums were recorded using a condenser mic on the kit and a sure p58 on the bass drum. Obviously not the best recording set up for drums. Hence the boominess. I am glad that you all like the song and I am always happy to hear suggestions on how to record better. I have had this computer program for a year and a half and still struggle with getting a good recording. Once again thanks for the great tips and I will use them on the next song.

If you check out shure web site http://shure.com/ProAudio/Training/Education/index.htm  it has some great free tutorials on mic placements [or pm me your emal address I've got them saved on my hardrive, I'll send them yo you].  Drums are very hard to record, the best thing is that you can trial an error in your basement until you find out the best positions. Ideally you need more mics, but three should give you a reasonable recording, one on the bass drum and two overhead left and right about a meter from the kit, best to experiment, put on your headphones and try out different placements.

As an idea you could compare the sound with that of one produced professionally and try to match the eq near as dam it. By doing that you wont have to alter the eq when you mix it too much, hence too much manipulation with the original sound will not improve the sound as much as getting the mic placement right in the first place. Cymbals and tambourine for example need to be between one to two meters from the mic, try it out you will be amazed at the difference.

Yeah the Yamaha synth sounds great, I was convinced it was a Roland..lol

Cheers

Denis
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:32 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.