#1March 19th, 2009 · 05:16 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Wall flower

This song is not in a battle

My band finally went to a recording studio. Turns out we are more of a live band than a studio band. We spent 5 hours to come up this, though it doesnt show. At least we lost out studio virginity :P

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 19th, 2009 · 08:31 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
For a studio recording I'd think this would be mixed better....i can mix this better with my little xenyx mixer.
The highs are too low and the lows are too high...or something.

I think it could use a lot better production...especially for a studio...

Other than that, this song is pretty cool. You guys are pretty talented!
The drums are off-time in quite a few places I think, but as the song progresses, you guys kind of find your sound and it sounds like an actual composed song. Totally sweet.

I like the part that comes in at around 2:30.

Good work, but this needs to be re-mixed and re-produced or something
#3March 19th, 2009 · 10:37 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
TheKunadiun wrote…
For a studio recording I'd think this would be mixed better....i can mix this better with my little xenyx mixer.
The highs are too low and the lows are too high...or something.

I think it could use a lot better production...especially for a studio...

Other than that, this song is pretty cool. You guys are pretty talented!
The drums are off-time in quite a few places I think, but as the song progresses, you guys kind of find your sound and it sounds like an actual composed song. Totally sweet.

I like the part that comes in at around 2:30.

Good work, but this needs to be re-mixed and re-produced or something

Thanks for listening I know we were kind of disappointed by the quality ourselves. But it was our first time in a studio. We are not very experiences musicians and definitely amateurs to recording. But we are working on the issues and hopefully we will get better. Constructive feedback like this is why I love this website. Thank You.
#4March 20th, 2009 · 12:14 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
rock on man. this is a learning experience for us all. cant wait to hear more from you!
#5March 20th, 2009 · 02:45 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Heh Atleast you got to have the studio experience. There's something in there you can work with, yes, definately tighten it up before throwing it through the mixing board again. Sounds like a great song in the works.
#6March 20th, 2009 · 03:21 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I think you're very brave to go into a studio with no experience to record, it takes years of knowledge and hands on experience to get a good recording, not to mention good equipment. Perhaps next time you can find a recording engineer buddy who can teach you. 

Have you tried to record from home, in that way you play around with things, practice the theory you learn.  Then when your ready take it to the studio.

Well so long as you had fun with it that's the main thing.

Keep workin' on it!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 11:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.