#1March 19th, 2009 · 10:51 AM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
The Lottery

This song is not in a battle

Been trying to record this for a while, more or less got a complete version - this. Adding some synths later, keep watching.
==========================
Lyrics:

If I wait long enough,
Maybe I'll win the lottery.
Or just be a fool,
Who spent his money uselessly.

Instead of helping out,
A neighbor falling flat upon his face.
I will wait and see,
Whatever happens to him.

Before I interfere,
Before I save the world.

Chorus.
Oh Baby, baby, baby;
You gotta save the world,
From losers just like me,
Suppressed by gravity.
Oh Baby, baby, baby;
The weapons that you have,
Are only good to kill,
Somebody just like me.

Last night I couldn't sleep,
And there's a reason why.
With all accounts overdraft,
There is a reason why.

How someone just like you and me,
Can end up broke and on the street;
Fluctuating dollar, and crashing market.

Chorus.
==========================

Hope you enjoy this.

Yours,

Destri Aero.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 19th, 2009 · 04:02 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice song.

IMO the Chorus needs to change from the verse more, it perhaps needs to be sung slightly higher too to give it more presence, and needs to come in earlier.

Well produced

Denis
#3March 19th, 2009 · 08:46 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
First of all, I really like your style and the way you developed this whole song. Awesome singing, sweet guitar, and tight bass.

Really great production here. I like the effects you used on the vocals. It totally fits. Nice lyrics. Great guitar playing.

Really catchy song, great job!!

The only thing that I would suggest, is ending with a guitar solo. right after "just like meeeeee" hit the acoustic a few more times as the anticipation builds and then BEWWWW MEEEDLY MEEEEEEEE!!!

come up with some awesome guitar solo bleeding with feeling and it will totally complete the song.

great job
#4March 21st, 2009 · 01:47 PM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Hey guys thanks a looot for you comments!

The chorus will be highlighted once I add some synths, so soon enough.

A guitar solo sounds tempting, I will have to learn to solo though :p

Thanks again!
#5January 18th, 2010 · 10:08 PM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Hey again.

It's been a looong time since I have first posted this. I have had a chance to write a hell lot more music of course, and to get together a band based around my songwriting. Just got out of the studio from tracking drums (putting together a demo for NXNE submissions). Next step is guitar/bass/vocals. So hopefully soon there should be an amazing version for this song up here soon.

For those interested the following setup was used to record the drums at Rehearsal Factory (an hourly/monthly rehearsal room complex in Toronto) with lots of noisy bands next door and it still managed to sound more than amazing.

2 Naiant overheads - One pointed at the ride, the other one pointed around hat/crash area. Close micing with Shure 57's on snare and toms. Kick with AKG D112. Kick and snare had their own channels, and overheads were mixed with a tom each on 2 channels.

Behringer mixer 4 inputs, line out to presonus firebox. snare+kick thru firebox preamps. firewire to cubase.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.