Yellowbrick

This song is not in a battle

The result of procrastination

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 19th, 2009 · 12:06 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Typing as I'm listening...Crazy shit..No wonder it feels like shes not in Kansas anymore...This is wicked Devo...Your freaking basses are freaking brutal...This mix is actually one of you cleaner ones in frequency space...very driving and intense.....
that break at at 2.3ish..wow!

Great show!
#3March 19th, 2009 · 11:58 AM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
This is awesome. The style kind of reminds me of stuff like Prodigy.

Love the sample ("Toto, I think we are not in Kansas anymore.")

Sorry for a non-proper critique, but this rocks!
#4March 19th, 2009 · 04:10 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Production is improving Devo, what ever your doing, keep doing it.

So whats with the procrastination, it was worth waiting for...lol

The mix is great, you've blended everything so well!!

Very nice job mate!!

Ever tried a vocal track, it would be interesting with your style, I think a female vox would be really nice, something with a free tone sort of thing, like porcelineDoll voice hear on the AMP, infact yes that would be awesome. It's just an instictive thought, but a good one I think at that.

Cheers gezzer

Denis
#5March 19th, 2009 · 04:19 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
thanks for the kind comments guys, haha denis this was the procrastination from doing my university work... racing to get it done tonight as a result :P
#6March 19th, 2009 · 08:37 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
holy flipping intense explosive balls of not in kansas anymore fire on the walls.
dude youve improved so much with your quality and everything, and this track is freaking awesome!!!!

This is truly a masterpiece!! I really love how you can combine all this synth and effects and stuff...really sweet...you put this together VERY nicely.

Some nice female vocals (that contrast with the harshness of this song) would be really cool. some kind of lyrics that just sound totally awesome.

listening to this totally made me want to totally just light my guitar on fire and break out in some freaking "talk-box" guitar solo. MEEDLLYY MEELEEELELELELELELE MEEEDDDLLYYY MEEEEEE MEE MEEE MEEDLY MEDLEELELELELELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

ah this was refreshing. awesome job.
#7March 21st, 2009 · 03:42 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Lol... E Z! Nice one here, mate!  Workin' the bass massive!  Very thick... Still trying to get down what you've seemingly mastered! Hows the label thing coming?  No matter what keep posting somewhere man! I look forward to it every time!  Lovely layers on this man!
#8March 21st, 2009 · 04:35 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
cheers MAP go on msn some time, i can show you very quickly how i made that bass 
#9March 22nd, 2009 · 02:08 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Yellowbrick
Sounds good on my speakers Devo...Did you finish your work for Uni...if you were playing this you sure should have...lol...

Nice work

Nice rating
#10March 25th, 2009 · 05:01 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
If that munch monster of a bass would end on a different note sometimes and start to say something more than the one sentence it's repeating at the moment I'd put this in supper amazing !! Production wise I bow down and lick poo from thy shoe Devo, but I do think it is amazing enough to take a step away from 'train track trip' D&B and become more.......musical.
I'm not trying to say it's not music but as it is it's an amazingly produced loop and that bass could say SOOO much more. It's such an excellent sound, cant you put it through a vocoder with 'any' vocal , but ever so slightly , just to humanise it a little more?
#11March 26th, 2009 · 06:59 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Yellowbrick
KiK my BRAIN!!!
1:00 Time is passin fast>>>>>>>>>>>>.
:2:02 Build me up!!!!!
then let me down
2:45 .............. kik me"!!!!
3:20.........stop review as hears
GOOD STUFF FER THE FLOOR
5:00 BORED
fish

great stuff wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz

cya
#12January 29th, 2011 · 10:06 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea! It's just how it goes inít? Like a Train

I still think the mush monster bass could be done with a vocal and vocoder , and if done well would blow the tits of a elephant !

Anyway...it's just how it goes, I suppose big nose....my son of 15 is into D&B so what can I say when he's going on about UK DJs ..... I introduce him to DEVO ....... that his old man knows fatter tunes than he does, got him thinking..... but he's got a good ear a living soul and a beating hart and his little eyes were lighting up listening to most of your stuff.

So what you up to these days?
#13January 31st, 2011 · 05:14 AM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Hey Kings, things are going good these days, it's been a while since i've been on here! Got a job as a sound engineer so been swamped with work, as for the music, things have been going all right, I produce under the alias "Echo Inada" had a few big releases on Ministry of Sound and Hospital Recs, but haven't had much time to produce lately with work
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.