#1March 17th, 2009 · 06:33 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Breath For You

This song is not in a battle

This is a bit of an odd ditty I recorded a while back, playing around with synthesizer and inspired on a visual trip I had one night, as the wind moved the twigs of the tree in front of the house, the lamppost casting shadows through the open curtains on the ceiling, a dance on howling wind and falling rain, me safe and warm in my attic bedroom where I lived.

It was like an entire movie, those shadows playing on the ceiling... Somewhat ghostly, but it had a story to tell.

And this song is my attempt to preserve that experience, it works for me. So; don't worry about inaudible lyrics, it's the suggestion that counts (I wasn't singing anything in particular anyway) same counts for the weird synth etcetera. I just hope you can enjoy.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 17th, 2009 · 10:33 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Breath For You
I thought that I was the only one who saw visuals like that..lol...This is perfect for the visuals your experiencing that night ... I can imagine myself in your place with this music...I did enjoy this.. like the way it ended.....nice PX

Flyer
#3March 17th, 2009 · 11:03 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Dude if this was live...just picture tons of green lasers shooting ev erywhere and the theater shaking.
I really enjoyed this man. This would also make some kind of a great soundtrack to something.

Totally sweet. I really am digging those sweet riffs on the synth.
#4March 18th, 2009 · 01:31 PM
14 threads / 13 songs
60 posts
United States of America
Like the sound...
I can completely picture what you were describing. Excellent job with the visuals. Also the mix seems really good.

Keep up the good work.
#5March 18th, 2009 · 07:08 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Breath For You
If u do this live ................... Im intruiged???

Meccano stuff .....

cool

hot vote

fish
#6March 19th, 2009 · 12:14 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yup I got it and it worked....I have been transported to the visual place in your composition....Found just a bit of sharp mids kinda hitting me a bit loud and thus flying me back home a few times(lol)..Anyway regardless this is quite the surreal track and quite good too...Very light dark and cure like...You have this sound that reminds me of a attitude more than just a genre...That my friend is something not many can do..Good job!
#7March 19th, 2009 · 04:16 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
PX you have got an imagination to die for. Superb creativity and originality.

Would have been great if you could have videoed the veiw from your bedroom window and you chilled out safe in your room, shadows and all.....

Music of the future

Cheers

Denis
#8March 19th, 2009 · 08:27 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
re: Breath For You
PuppetXeno wrote…
... a visual trip I had one night, as the wind moved the twigs of the tree in front of the house, the lamppost casting shadows through the open curtains on the ceiling, a dance on howling wind and falling rain, me safe and warm in my attic bedroom where I lived.

It was like an entire movie, those shadows playing on the ceiling... Somewhat ghostly, but it had a story to tell.

And this song is my attempt to preserve that experience

...And, here, it seems you have...(ever since I was a kid, I have had similar experiences..kids have easier access to their "right brain" functioning. I believe the mark of a true artist is to be able to capture such an event...the haunting, surreal qualities..the natural, asymmetrical rhythms...). This goes beyond a mere "listening" experience! Pretty powerful!
#9March 20th, 2009 · 02:30 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hey guys.. Thanks for the comments

I've been making digital remasters of a lot of my old multitrack tapes this week, so that's how I stumbled upon this track. I'm really glad you all like it, it's not a very convential song after all. The next step will be putting some kind of video to this and upload it to Youtube... lol... I need some of that old "magic" back though before I can produce something worthwhile

Thanks!
#10March 21st, 2009 · 03:23 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Very dramatic... lack of direction but i gather thats part of the experience here... yes, a few sharp mids... Couldn't make out the vox but again, i'm guessing that was on purpose?  Creative, yes... still falls into category of Drone for me... which isn't necessarily a negative... just a descriptor.  I'll def check out the video for this...post links when can... ty.
#11March 21st, 2009 · 03:27 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
MindsAtPlay wrote…
Couldn't make out the vox but again, i'm guessing that was on purpose?

Yes, I wasn't actually singing real words, just vocalizing things. I couldn't think of real lyrics, I decided to improvise a little, but nothing sensible came out, apart from a few lines.. The rest is just suggestion, just like every other instrument only suggests there is some sort of meaning or direction behind this song. It's the illusion that counts
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:50 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.