A song we made on one day ;D

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 14th, 2009 · 12:54 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I like the start.

The levels a way too high.

Needs work structure wise, timing issues and one of the guitars was out of tune.

Just take your time with it and try to feel where the changes are going to be and for how long the changes should last, then record a rhythm track to check on the flow, change if necessary.

Sounds like it was recorded from an amp, if so try and experiment with mic positions, there are loads of free tutorials on the net.

Keep workin' on it!!

Denis
#3March 14th, 2009 · 01:06 PM
34 threads / 18 songs
68 posts
Denmark
Thansk

We dont really have a studio so we juse a camera and place it infront of the amp. Then we just take the sound of it and edit it.
#4March 14th, 2009 · 01:16 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I really like how this song progresses.
The lead guitar is way off time...otherwise this would sound a lot better.

its really awesome that you can put all this together. good work
#5March 14th, 2009 · 08:58 PM
5 posts
United States of America
One of the best songs I've ever heard produced by a camera!  That said...
#6March 15th, 2009 · 03:52 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Zitto93 wrote…
Thansk

We dont really have a studio so we juse a camera and place it infront of the amp. Then we just take the sound of it and edit it. :D

You could just start with the basics, like a microphone, that is if you can aford it. Then you can record on to your computer via the sound card. Ideally you would also need a micpreamp, or at second best a line mixer. There's some free software one of which is called 'Audacity'. I started with a 4 track tape recorder, you can get pretty good results from them too, you might be able to pick one up very cheap. If you can afford it then there are many ways to record.  I currently use a YamahaAW16G workstation with a preamp.

You will get plenty of help here on the forums

You could also probably take a line out from your amps onto your PC, just need the right cables.

It's great that you used your initiative to record from your camera, now I understand why the levels were high etc

Welcome to BandAMP

Denis
#7March 15th, 2009 · 11:48 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I deff has potential. Keep working on it...

Flyer
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:22 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.