#1March 10th, 2009 · 11:52 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Wiseheights

This song is not in a battle

All real instruments except the drums, Although bongos, tambourine and shakers are real.

Cheers

Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 10th, 2009 · 12:27 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Nice work! Really mellow. I love the fact that you're playing nearly everything here....it has that "human touch" that I really like. You have quite a gift for creating these jazzy tunes!
#3March 10th, 2009 · 12:41 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
75 posts
United States of America
Right on. Great little tune. I found myself enjoying this alot. Great recording also. Did not need to crank-it to get a good clean level. Nice work!
#4March 10th, 2009 · 01:39 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Halfstack wrote…
Right on. Great little tune. I found myself enjoying this alot. Great recording also. Did not need to crank-it to get a good clean level. Nice work!

Mastered through Adobe audition, used Noise reduction [needed it badly, my preamp has cheap electronics] ,Pan/expander, Hard limiter [just boosted by 3 dB's, hence it was quite good in the first place]
Not bad for the first mastering, I think need to adjust the Eq a bit and perhaps lower the reverb.  I normally would listen to it in the car and compare it with something that's professionally well produced.
Thanks for listening.
Cheers
Denis
#5March 10th, 2009 · 06:16 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very solid Denis..Really enjoyed the listen on this one..Top score on sound quality..Always a pleasure to listen....Tx for posting!

missing a flute..Wheres the flute player Denis..I demand a flute!!!!!lol
#6March 11th, 2009 · 12:26 AM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Great groove. Upbeat and funky. The title looked interesting so I checked this out and I'm glad I did. If I haven't made it apparent you've got a great track here, it just needs something a little more dominating to make it sound more like a song instead of backing track, though as I listen to it more it's more satisfying as is, though I'd love to hear some flute over it. Awesome track. Downloaded.
#7March 11th, 2009 · 03:55 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Very solid Denis..Really enjoyed the listen on this one..Top score on sound quality..Always a pleasure to listen....Tx for posting!

missing a flute..Wheres the flute player Denis..I demand a flute!!!!!lol

When working on the the structure I deliberately chose the key of F so I could play the melody with the Soprano Sax, hence easy key to play on the sax, but liked the guitar, interesting you sensed the flute as DTF.  I'll have a go at both see how it turns out.

Cheers

Denis
#8March 11th, 2009 · 01:57 PM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
Easy listening needs some punch!
I'm not channeling any flute here lol.

However, I do feel some vox should be added with some backup vocals on the hook.

I am sure, Denis, that you could add some pretty powerful vocals to this without overwhelming the piece.

As for lyrics, perhaps something with a very simple chorus and nice simple verses will be good. Would keep it less muddied for sure.

I have tomorrow off. I have a couple ideas bouncing around. We'll see what happens! lol

Very nice composition Denis...as usual.

-Mark
#9March 11th, 2009 · 02:45 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Flute?  I say SAX!  Becoming a big fan of some of the jazzy stuff ive been hearing lately...  But I lean toward the smokier sax type stuff...  this is ultra clean and well produced.  Cant find any points of contention! Very well played, sir!
#10March 11th, 2009 · 03:43 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Easy listening needs some punch!
dustyskates wrote…
I'm not channeling any flute here lol.

However, I do feel some vox should be added with some backup vocals on the hook.

I am sure, Denis, that you could add some pretty powerful vocals to this without overwhelming the piece.

As for lyrics, perhaps something with a very simple chorus and nice simple verses will be good. Would keep it less muddied for sure.

I have tomorrow off. I have a couple ideas bouncing around. We'll see what happens! lol

Very nice composition Denis...as usual.

-Mark

This sounds exciting, no pressure see how you get on!!
#11March 11th, 2009 · 03:49 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ThanX
Wow it's so nice to hear all different points of views, thank all so much for taking the time and comment.

Well I may just try a bit of each in the whole song, Sax, Flute & vox, that is if I have enough tracks left on my workstation, it should keep it interesting..lol

Thanks again AMPERS!!

Denis
#12March 12th, 2009 · 09:41 AM
10 posts
United States of America
very cool
This is really hot.  cool, soothing and moving.  a good track to work by.  it is not so soothing as to put me asleep, but it does give me a good calm spirit.
#13March 14th, 2009 · 06:57 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
nice crispy sound denis.maybe you could add come more bass of the percussion.
later!
#14March 15th, 2009 · 03:33 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
grainshifter wrote…
nice crispy sound denis.maybe you could add come more bass of the percussion.
later!

Do you mean all percussion, bongos, tambourine, & shakers?

Cheers

Denis
#15March 15th, 2009 · 11:36 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice
I always have thought of you as one of the best artist, Denis. Your recordings are always top notch and your style and is remarkable. This is very nice. So nice to sit back and listen to..I have listened to a lot of your songs/work. So many can stand on their own without lyrics/vocals. This is one that goes on that list. Well done my friend. Cheers

Nice Rating and one for my playist and downloads

Flyer
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 1:21 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.