#1March 8th, 2009 · 04:27 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Sonic

This song is not in a battle

Okay, to start off, I can't claim FULL credit for this song, since the first two bars (which are looped) were from a Sonic game I had played. Well, I "kinda" played it. I turned on my DS, started up Sonic Chronicles, the Dark Brotherhood, then watched the intro and composed a song from the first 5-10 seconds of the guitar riff.

So yeah. Hope this doesn't go against the rules...

And also, this is my first time at composing a guitar solo... IN MIDI - So I apologize for the crappy sound...

Enjoy!

-XFactor-

P.S. And you can probably guess... It's not done.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 8th, 2009 · 05:33 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Not bad for midi, [I'm not keen on Midi samples] I'm tying to hear through it so to speak.

The Solo's are not bad for your first Solo, be careful, sometimes you can play too much or simply play too fast, a problem many of us have, due to getting carried away and having too much fun..lol

I'm sure I've said this before, but I'm sure there is enough freeware for you to record with better samples, I remember on a recent song you uploaded, it was a school project I think, so I hope you not restricted in what and what you can use.

Your getting better, well done!

Denis
#3April 1st, 2009 · 12:41 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Thanks!
Yeah, I guess it was overplayed a bit; the main purpose of this song was to impress my friends, haha.

But yeah, I'm using freeware, though it's limited to NINE saves per file.

Though, I'm curious about one thing: The computer I'm typing this on seems to have a better MIDI sound than my other two computers, which use the same program. I'm wondering if the soundcard makes a difference?

-XFactor-
#4April 1st, 2009 · 12:44 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
pretty sweet man! especially from midi. we get inspired form tons of things....sonic could be one of them lol.

i really enjoyed the listen. it was great.
rock on
#5April 1st, 2009 · 02:57 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Well it sounds like game music, which is ofcourse is based on. I suppose if you're into that sort of thing, this is pretty OK. Personally I'm more into retro game-tune remixes with really good synths and grooves, but this is pretty cool aswell. I guess it could be the soundtrack to Super Sonic Overdrive II or so.. or whatever. Lol not into Sonic games at all can you tell?
#6April 1st, 2009 · 05:30 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Sonic
STOP APOLOGIZING..........

for the medium you choose this is great!!!!

does MY head in ..............but WELL DONE........ha ha

fish
#7April 1st, 2009 · 06:21 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
it's just the tone of the midi.. the notes you choose are excellent, some super tasty stuff.  I could easily hear Malmsteen  or  vie or the dragon force guys ,ripping this up on a great sounding guitar track.. the 1/2 step resolves work great.
 gives it a very classical but rockin feel to it.  would love to hear this done up with a full on band tearing it up.
#8April 2nd, 2009 · 11:59 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Yeah, haha, I don't listen to that hardcore stuff... I mean, Metallica or AC/DC isn't even my style, nevermind Dragonforce, lol - I'm more into Coldplay and The Fray type music, but my program can only take me so far, heh. Another question - How do I tell if a solo is reasonable for playing or not? I looked back at some of the notes and they're pretty fast - If memory serves well, they're 16ths (some 32nds), going at 140 beats per quarter, haha.

-XFactor-
#9April 4th, 2009 · 12:27 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hmm dude if you can write stuff like this you shouldn't even be here you should be singed already.....Did you program everything in here...What drum program are you using?
#10June 2nd, 2009 · 06:49 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Well, I'm not signed, but I write music in my spare time, like a hobby.

And yes, I wrote everything in this, with all the notation and stuff. The drums that I use are all on my soundcard - I use a program called NoteWorthy Composer (Version 1.75, Demo). NWC doesn't necessarily playback music using samples like FLstudio, but it's just MIDI, haha. After I write the stuff on there, I save it as a .MIDI file, convert it using www.hamienet.com/midi2mp3, then upload it onto my mp3 or on here. That's pretty much how it works for me. 

--XFactor--
#11December 26th, 2009 · 03:06 AM
1 posts
United States of America
I also use NoteWorthy Composer But my midi files I convert using MIDI Converter Studio. It allows converting midis with the help of soundfonts. And there are many soundfonts: for example, visit personalcopy.com, homemusician.net. Conversion speed to mp3 (wav) depends on the complexity of the active soundfont, but usually a 5-minute midi is converted within a couple dozens of seconds.
As for free online services like hamienet or solmire, I'd like to say that such free programs offer a very limited number of soundfonts and slow down conversion.
#12December 26th, 2009 · 04:23 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Nikkity wrote…
I also use NoteWorthy Composer But my midi files I convert using MIDI Converter Studio. It allows converting midis with the help of soundfonts. And there are many soundfonts: for example, visit personalcopy.com, homemusician.net. Conversion speed to mp3 (wav) depends on the complexity of the active soundfont, but usually a 5-minute midi is converted within a couple dozens of seconds.
As for free online services like hamienet or solmire, I'd like to say that such free programs offer a very limited number of soundfonts and slow down conversion.

I do believe this is spam? :S
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:01 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.