1 2

#1March 8th, 2009 · 07:12 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Mahogany Tone Blues(hehe)

This song is not in a battle

http://forum.bandamp.com/Gear_Talk/18631.html
Strat is done (minus a few rusty screws I am gonna replace). plays great, sounds even better,  The vintage hot pups are amazing.  Took a very cheap non usable  guitar to a very decent playable guitar.

The song ain't much , just a couple of  A minor turnarounds. (the backing music was copped off of another site... I just thru in the solo)

total cost on strat copy build was $300.00 + a another dollar or two on new screws...  as opposed to $799.99 @ guitar center on sale. and the guitar has upgrades

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 8th, 2009 · 09:31 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Oh Yes, Sounds absolutly Brilliant. PINK FLOYD ALL OVER!!!!

Hey Goat, May be you should set-up a little work shop and make a few bob??

Amazing it really does sound awesome.

Cheers

Denis
#3March 8th, 2009 · 01:44 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Dude!!!
Wow wow!!love this..great guitar tone and playing..Totally impressed with how it cuts in..Very powerful sounding.....Sounds like a slick fret too...nice job Goat!!
#4March 9th, 2009 · 01:14 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
yep, it sounds good! While clearly having the much-sought-after strat sound, it also seems to have a little different tonal quality than a typical strat, don't you think?
I like it...nice phat sound....how do you like the neck? (Nice minor-chord blues runs too!)
#5March 9th, 2009 · 10:20 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Thanks

battlecat wrote…
how do you like the neck?
love the neck on it plays great.
yes, I agree. this one is very usable on the bridge pup for lots of things,  I usually stay off of the bridge pup on most strats.. This one ( I think it's because of the wood that the body is made from) has a fatter, fuller sound.

I am really liking it.. I took it to practice today and used it. worked great and sounded great.
#6March 22nd, 2009 · 05:34 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
Love the bluesy tone man! strangE coincedence is I'm getting back to listening to some old blues my guitar teacher gave me way back when. Love the solo! and its even better when you get a guitar that sounds that good for that low of a price
#7March 23rd, 2009 · 03:25 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I've followed the 'making of the Strat' a little. You've done a really good job of that guitar matey!
I'm getting a Garry Moor feel from this testing piece of yours, ... and it was sooo long ago .. and I stiiiill got the bluuues for youuuu.....he probably has a totally different guitar .... but it sounds the same !
Really crisp.
#8March 23rd, 2009 · 03:52 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
ohhh man the floyd sounds are just burning through my ears!!! FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!

reminds me of Shine On You Crazy Diamond and stuff like that. ahh man it sounds GREAT!!!

heck i'd buy a guitar like that from you. man youve done a great job building that guitar.
rock on
#9March 23rd, 2009 · 05:54 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
How (edit:)WELL does it stay in tune when you use the whammy bar?
#10March 24th, 2009 · 06:09 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Mahogany Tone Blues(hehe)
TG..you know how much I love and appreciate your Guitar playing my friend...Nothing to say..except that its way to short..Nice work on the guitar also

nice rating
#11March 24th, 2009 · 06:15 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Mahogany Tone Blues(hehe)
U MUST BE A HAPPY GOAT!!!!

Ive got the same kinda axe........... i use it a lot just never advertise ........... ok its a SQUIRE.........but it works

haha fish
#12March 25th, 2009 · 01:05 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I'm not much of an axephile, but I can tell a good tone when I hear one :P Yep this sounds really great! A coworker of mine is also keen on building his own guitars, funny that both in style as in tone this strongly resembles some recordings of his (they were Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac covers mostly)

Sounds reaaaaaallly sweet!
#13March 31st, 2009 · 09:46 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Absolutely Sweet!  My all time fav guitar.... The American Strat!   I used to own  a beauty that was ripped.... I guess someone wanted it more then I  *sighs. Someday I will get another. Right now my sweetest axe is an Ibanez  Floral edition 1988 original with Vai's  curtain drapes embedded in the laminate (there's a photo of it in my album). She's a beauty....but I still prefer the strat sound! You're extremely talented with your polished guitar work. I loved it!  *Awesome work and Thank you for sharing this with us!
Fiddlah *s
#14March 31st, 2009 · 12:24 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
can you do it again with a les paul?

not floydish in my ears but gives a tiny sharky mood that lets parts of my inner body explode somehow.

would love to play the organ live with ya

Great TG style. Hats off!
#15March 31st, 2009 · 08:13 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Fiddlah wrote…
Floral edition 1988 original with Vai's  curtain drapes embedded in the laminate (there's a photo of it in my album). She's a beauty....but I still prefer the strat
Thanks , I have an  ibanez rg550 that I have modded just a bit , love the tone of it. It plays great with the reduced radius neck.  I can really get into the Ibanez if I am doing more hard rock stuff.

TritonKeyboarder wrote…
can you do it again with a les paul?

I have thought about doing a les paul, I am gonna do a tele partscaster next.  then If I do a LP I think I am gonna go for it and get exotic wood blanks and make the thing from scratch .. If I do that I will take lots of picks and give more info.. I have never done a glued on neck before.. I know how they are done though.  I might even go as far as to make it a neck thru guitar. I am not sure. I will have to look into it more.

hopefully one day I can get my butt over the pond. and we can get together for a show somewhere.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 5:20 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.