Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 1 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2009-03

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 4th, 2009 · 09:58 AM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Very reminiscent of Goo Goo Dolls circa Iris era, imo.
Make vocals louder, and it sounds like you are rather shy of singing. Maybe just the mood you are going for, but that's what it feels like.
#3March 4th, 2009 · 02:39 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
It's not the vocals that need making louder - it's the guitar that's a bit heavy. Sounds like you're strumming it with a pick whereas the song would suite finger strums. Some compression on the guitar would help smooth it out too. Actually some compression would be good when recording the vocals too as they distort in a couple of places. Either that or move away from the mic on the loud sections.

However, production aside, this is a really nice song and I like your voice and vocal style. There's a lot of good in this.
#4March 4th, 2009 · 03:34 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah the vox are nice and smooth, Little bit of clipping hear and there, I would have also liked the have heard
them higher in the mix.

Compression is not always the best way to cure the clipping, more controling your voice, sometimes hard to do depending on the the song your siniging. It's something I do a lot, which is I don't sing within my vocal range and can sound strained, not that yours is, but I think you get the drift.

Hmm.. I senced some strings like cello, but still like it as it is.

Keep 'em comin'

Denis
#5March 4th, 2009 · 08:48 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
MrEden wrote…
It's not the vocals that need making louder - it's the guitar that's a bit heavy. Sounds like you're strumming it with a pick whereas the song would suite finger strums. Some compression on the guitar would help smooth it out too. Actually some compression would be good when recording the vocals too as they distort in a couple of places. Either that or move away from the mic on the loud sections.

However, production aside, this is a really nice song and I like your voice and vocal style. There's a lot of good in this.

I totally agree with you I think this song would sound better with finger strums and the guitar is a little loud. I don't know much about compressing or mixing in general. So most tracks are completely raw.

thanks for the honest feed back ; )
#6March 5th, 2009 · 11:42 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
i usually don't get into the specific playing technique...If your comfortable with the way your playing it just do it like that..I think you can split the guitar in a small stereo field and drop the mids just a tad..even a bit of chorus to warm it up a bit..The vocals at its strongest point have some clipping....Not sure what your using as DAW but audacity or Krystal can help with the compression (i think)..Anyways you are an awesome song writer..Must be fun to see you perform live....great feel...
#7March 6th, 2009 · 07:39 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
75 posts
United States of America
Yes, lightly compress the vocs at tracking. 4:1 quick attack and relese. 3-6 db of GR on peaks. Just want to limit the peaks on tracking.
#8March 10th, 2009 · 05:27 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Pretty decent construction.  Recording issues picked up by others, so won't go into that.
Vocal delivery is suited to the music, but I'd like a little more melodic variety.  Harmonies a bit underplayed - I'd definitely use them more.
But I enjoyed listening to this song all the same - I think there's great potential for developing it into an excellent bit of music.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:56 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.