#1February 25th, 2009 · 09:04 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
What Are You Doing? w.Vox
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2009-03

What Are You Doing? With my vocals. Yea... this is not spamming, the other one was an instruemental and was kinda a mistake so w.e Well here's my vocals as promised, I know it's not best around, but I feel confident about the lyrics of this song. Yea... in the other one, you guys were talking about doing the vocals, because I know for certain I can't scream and belt well... so If anybody wants to re-do the vocals, I would be glad to hear it. Just PM me and give the instrumental. Here's the lyrics again lol.

Yea I suggest using headphones, because the guitar's amp were close to the amp, it kinda creates this subwoffer thing effect. It's cool, it vibrates the headphones just a bit. Don't worry, they wont break, it so subtle i like it!

v1
Every night he lies in his bed
with nothing taken to the head
dreaming what can happen next
thinking what else can he wreck?

v2
slowly cutting his strings away
acting as the predator and prey
who never risk that jump
stuck inside that harmless trap... so afraid

c
What You're doing passing by
all these rooms that make you cry
let it out, but don't let time fly you by

Can't you see the rusted key
that you hold and open and drives
why don't you? just take that one only ride

v3
Dreaming of a treasure appears
opened, nothing but empty years
he wonders, why there is no gold
realized he shivers in cold

v4
So afraid
that he has nothing to give
How can he drive
Hiding  
behind the unwritten slate
How can he see... so afraid

B/T
wake up, life's not a dream anymore
stop wasting time and open that door
because this is all you'll ever have

get up, the world's leaving you behind
better run fast, and follow a line
because this is all you'll ever have

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 26th, 2009 · 01:27 AM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
Thanks... you liked the way how I opened the chorus? I am improving!! lol. What you think of the vocal production mix? because when I was listening to it... I thought I was too loud at some point. Like I listened to other songs, and even though the vocals goes from a sweet to a more heavy voice, the volume is about the same. Yea, I need to work on figuring that out.
#3February 26th, 2009 · 06:50 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I like how your vocals are fitting in with this.
You sure are approving, and like I said in the no-vox post, I really like the chorus!!

Your vocals are clipping a lot or something, maybe needs a little work production wise...but great execution.

rock on
#4February 27th, 2009 · 02:12 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Hmmm... This has potential... but... Distorting on the vox... lack of confidence as well... Also IMHO you have to bring a new spin on the emo thing... its way played out.  Cut some of the low end of the kicks as they are stealing some thunder.  Having said all that, the talent here is obvious... keep honing your skills!
#5February 27th, 2009 · 03:05 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
It's got great potential.

Just needs a polish up on the production . THATS ALL!!!!

If you want help recording live, PM me. I just need to know what equipment you have.

Well done!!!

Denis
#6March 10th, 2009 · 05:22 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
So I had to stop playing this from about 30 seconds in because I didn't want to damage my speakers.  The recording is way too bad simply because of the extreme distortion.  Work on that, then post again.
In the brief bit I listened to, it sounds ok.
But ouch!!!
#7March 10th, 2009 · 06:46 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Im with Jim your sounding good but theres to much overload on the main mix......drop the mix gain and Repost
#8March 11th, 2009 · 08:02 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
75 posts
United States of America
Yes...Distorts badly. I dont think you were intending this.
Voc need some crispness. To much low mids.
Really, I could not finish listening to the song.
What is your recording platform?
#9March 11th, 2009 · 08:19 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Other then then the distortion as others have mentioned, I as well, believe the song has good potential. I think the problem lies in the recording input. If you are using your PC I always recommend going in from a low impedance (i.e. headphones out jack from an amp for example). Be very carefull of going directly into your pc using line in or mic in with a pure high impedance output from any source. Sure way of frying one's soundcard. if not the whole motherboard. *just a suggestion. I think that may solve your issue with the distortion.
 Grt attempt , otherwise!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 11:07 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.