#1February 4th, 2009 · 03:42 PM
9 threads / 5 songs
24 posts
United States of America
ZDAY

This song is not in a battle

Hey, it's been quite a while since I've been on here. The band is still going full force, writing and doing shows and all. We're hopefully getting recordings professionally done pretty soon and will record our first full length. But for now, here's an old recording with some improvements. Keep in mind, I'm no keyboard player. I've only attempted to play keyboard maybe 3 times in my life, and I learned this song and wrote parts maybe 10 minutes before recording this. I hope you enjoy it.

Don't be too hard on me

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 4th, 2009 · 04:38 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
Ive heard this before haven't I? Its good. especially like the instrumental part with the speaking. I think you're voice could be stronger, or higher in the mix, or maybe get your band mates to sing some harmony as well to thicken the vocal track up a bit.

cool song

Ian
#3February 4th, 2009 · 06:00 PM
9 threads / 5 songs
24 posts
United States of America
SirBorris wrote…
Ive heard this before haven't I? Its good. especially like the instrumental part with the speaking. I think you're voice could be stronger, or higher in the mix, or maybe get your band mates to sing some harmony as well to thicken the vocal track up a bit.

cool song

Ian
Yea you've probably heard it... All I did is just record some keys over it, and had our trumpet player do a horn part for it in the beginning We're working on adding backing vocals to all of our songs, as well as adding horn parts to all of our music. Also we're going to probably get into a studio soon and get some good recordings done. Once we do that we'll post them on here. We also have like 5 or 6 new songs we haven't recorded so once we get a full length recorded we'll post some. The fact of the matter is we're all too lazy to record backing vocals, that and the fact that I personally can't sing that well. I'm the guitarist, by the way. Our bassist does all the vocals for our music. I have a few songs that I wrote and play on acoustic so once I get those down, I might record and post them on here as well. They'll be following the same ska / reggae style that most of our music has but it'll just be acoustic. We'll see how all that turns out. It should be interesting.

Either way. New music should be coming pretty soon.
#4February 6th, 2009 · 12:17 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Not bad at all for throwing that keybaord. I think it was perfect. I agree with sir borris that a few harmonies would thicken the vocals. Like that ska and reggae mix. Looking forward to some finished pieces.
#5February 6th, 2009 · 01:32 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hey sounds like guys are having a heep load of of fun
I would imagine your style of music would appeal to a live audience.

Great Stuff, You could always learn how to produce your own stuff to studio quality, there are a few bands doing it, unless you know someone that can do it dirt cheap.

Super

Denis
#6February 7th, 2009 · 12:39 AM
21 threads / 16 songs
49 posts
Peru
sounds fun
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 11:30 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.