#1January 30th, 2009 · 12:05 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
48 posts
Sweden
somewhere else

This song is not in a battle

This is actually the first song that I've recorded for like two years.. A song I started to record and thought "well..I guess I just Have to finish this one". I'm not that into recording etc. but I'm kinda working on it..

The song isn't completely done.. or I consider it done, but at the same time, I know that some vocal-parts are off pitch, and that there is "something" missing etc. etc. maybe.. please give me some ideas. some other instrument ? what instrument ? u get it..

it doesn't feel finished in a way, but i just don't have the energy to work on it right now. sort of..

anyway, listen to it (hmm it's 5 minutes long.. but please don't leave a comment without listening to the whole song.) and tell me exactly what u think. that's all i'm asking for

Enjoy !

I don't think that you can imagine how
hard it is for me to live without
you 'cause no one gave so much life
you pulled me up from where I thought I'd die

and you are all the things I'm not and all the things I want to be
you're sky in which I'm sailing, with my leaking ship

(and) I don't think you can
(no) I don't think you can
I don't think you can
see how much I fighting to survive

I don't think that you understand at all
that you're the heaven from which I fall
No one ever saw that you kept me standing
you can tell them all about us when I'm landing

(and) I don't think I can
(no) I don't think I can
I don't think I can
drift further away than this

And,

you can find me somewhere else ( x4 )

I know there's a place for us both
somewhere else...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 30th, 2009 · 11:59 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Great job! You've got a great voice! Nothing too complex on the guitar but it still rocks all the same!
When you have a synth or something come in around 1:40 it really adds to the depth of the song.
Could you post the lyrics? Totally awesome job.

Loved the listen. This could be made into a huge song with drums and a proggressively building epicness that would totally rock.
Even still, this is just fine/amazing the way it is now.
"I don't think I can" put it much simpler, this is really cool.

Your synth effects or whatever it is really add a lot more depth to the song which makes it very cool.
Rock on and great job! Your voice is really awesome too
#3January 31st, 2009 · 02:39 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
Holy crap.
Beautiful.

What it needs is vocal harmonies! Then near the end extra guitars, bass and drmus (if you wish). OR you could strip it down and just have clean guitars/clean vocals! So many things could be done.

Guitar reminds me heavily of Mark Kozelek/Red House Painters.

Mix wise it's not the best but it doesn't have any effect on how good the song truely is.
I thought melody and chords/structuring at the ending could have been different, maybe a little bit more 'commercial', but that's not what music is about is it?

I think this will reach out to many people, but mainly musical minded individuals more so.
#4January 31st, 2009 · 05:06 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
48 posts
Sweden
Jesus!
Thank you very much for the comments. haha I sat here and really got a smile on my face while reading it!

Kunadiun : i dunno what i should call that effect.. it is uhm.. something in Sonar LE, my recording-program, that is called something like.. "spectra FX"..? hmm.. but anyway, i'm very glad you liked it. i fully agree with you that it makes the song deeper in a way. Exactly what i was aiming for. Nice to hear that you enjoy my vocals, i'm not that comfortable with singin perfectly into a microphone with the uhm.. *no errors allowed*-thing.. so i usally never complete a song, being happy with the vocal-recording.
Yeah i will post lyrics, ofcourse! ( how do i do that without deleting the "song-info" ? =P .. eaah, crap, i just put the lyrics below.. *they're coming ! )

aar0j : i can totally see what you mean. and i can't say i disagree with you. i've been thinkin about adding bass and yeah, now i will reconsider adding one extra guitar. 'Cause to be honest, i nearly hate the sound of the guitar.... it's okay to listen to but.. hmm i dunno how to put this but.. there is one tone, caused by an open string that is pretty loud which annoys me a lot... really.. A LOT.. but Thank You, for the Mark Kozelek-parable I gave myself an hour or so trying to put some decent drums in the backround of the outro starting at 3.40 'cause i had it all in my head how it should end up but.. naaah.. didn't got the right sound, feeling etc. Maybe, when i got some more inspiration/interest for this song, i will try it all again.

Once again, Thank You both for the comments, i really needed it.

over n' out

//adam
#5February 1st, 2009 · 09:16 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Excellent performance here...
The recording is very organic and fits quite well for your feel...Very nice melody and vocal recording..You words sound great too...At 1 30sh or so it gets just a tad messy as if you were running out of air or something rather..But the idea is great..The additional guitar details are nice too..Very well done!
#6February 3rd, 2009 · 03:00 AM
89 posts
Canada
I am biased here because I have never pulled a decent vocal lol so be warned:  just my opinion.  I kinda don't think you should ever really have a perfect vocal track.  There is something inherently human in imperfection.  I also think that fits with the theme/emotion conveyed throughout your two songs on here.  They don't seem to state "hey I'm super happy flawless guy" now do they?... so why should they sound like it? 

One of my favorite songs is an old track from Matthew Good Band where he sounds like ASS!!!  Like, uncomfortable to listen to, ASS!!!  But you get it, and it hits you, hard.

During an interview, Jack White of the White Stripes is asked about being a good singer and he replied (take this to heart) that he's not really a very good singer, not like Celine Dion or whatever example he used, but that he liked to consider himself a good VOCALIST.  There is a difference.  In both of these examples the musicians are very good singers, in their way, and so are you (really!).  Just note that not everyone thinks you need to sound polished to be so.

Do what you're doing, we listeners need more of this.

and..... END SANCTIMONIOUS RANT!!! lol

#7April 22nd, 2009 · 09:48 AM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
amazing! Lovely voice   Beautiful song
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 12:27 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.