#1January 22nd, 2009 · 11:30 AM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
The Race (Mix V3)

This song is not in a battle

Phattened and cleaned it up even more, cut some mids, and did a high pass at 50hz on the kick some clean up some rumble, also added some tape saturation on the drums to get em abit punchier, hopefully this will be the final version

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 22nd, 2009 · 02:30 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I liked V2 just the same.

Simple tip; Try to match the Bass drum EQ with the Bass synth, works well for any set-up.

Cheers

Denis
#3January 22nd, 2009 · 06:28 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Naw this ones much cleaner for me, no low kick rumble that was taking up space in the mix, thicker sound all around warmer beefier mids and the snare is so much more punchy now less sizzly.   Match the bass drum with the bass? surely that exactly the opposite what you want, otherwise the frequencies will mask each other, i eq subs at 50-80, kicks at about 100-120, mid range bass between 120-500 everything else rests above that
#4January 22nd, 2009 · 10:00 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Crisp Devo very crisp...Nice definition and separation..The bass works real well here...You have lots going on but it all seems to have a spot..love the beat change,reminds me of the old American rock and roll(50's or so)..Very well put together....
Top work specially the build after the guitar work and the release...OUTSTADING!
#5January 24th, 2009 · 09:20 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
OK my bad, I didn't compare the two at the same time, only remember hearing V2 when you uploaded it,

Re the Bass Drum and Bass: Hmm... to my ears the bass drum in this version sounds thin and the bass synth sounds fat, if thats what you were trying to acheive then your spot on.

Personally I like the Bass Drum and Bass instrument ,synth what ever, to have the same depth, [not sound] the idea is they blend together, similar to say harmonising. hope that makes sence.

So long as you are happy with Devo that's all that matters.

Again sorry for not comparing the two versions properly

Cheers

Denis
#6January 25th, 2009 · 06:04 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Have to go with Devo on the eq thing... As far as I know you don't ever want to cross your drum freqs with the bass... (or anything else for that matter really)... Those low freqs like to eat details for breakfast to begin with... layer the kick and the bass and you've lost all your punch... Thick mix here, Dev... Nice moving feel to it... Jazzy roller... nice one.
#7January 25th, 2009 · 10:56 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Hi
Yes this works for me when that bass kiks in 1.10 it like the hot day leading up to big thunder storm.
Interesting chat on EQ separation , we have tried high pass on kit with rich bass drum in adding zzzzz detail .
So many choices so little time ahhhh.
Great piece and great to hear that guitar burning it up , love that combo with electronic style and those vocal samples.
Really tight job Devo San
regards
yoko
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:19 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.