#1January 22nd, 2009 · 09:19 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
work it out

This song is not in a battle

quite short, quite cheesy, not much going on...
first song that ive recorded vocals in FL, so i havn't really worked out how to do it properly yet.
theres loads of dips in the vocals and rubbish bits but its the first song with vocals in that i've done for ages.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 22nd, 2009 · 10:44 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol lol
thats what i said when this first started. its just so awesome it needs an lol. not really my style at all but great job singing!
i like how you laid out the lyrics.
#3January 22nd, 2009 · 11:47 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
quite a basic arrangement but its got sufficient catchiness - vocals are coming through really clear (did you work out your mic problems?) and as always a joy to hear you sing.

If this tune would be produced at pro level or even on par with your usual depth of arrangement it could easily be fitted with a video and become a bit of a hit on youtube or something (meaning it would do good on the MTV but that's a bit harder to reach and has less to do with talent than it has to do with knowing the right people)

great job, certainly looking forward to your next (vocal) track! and I hope the people in the lyrics can work it out indeed .. ,,. . . .
#4January 22nd, 2009 · 02:38 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hmmmm, I like the vocals the best, so dont be dicouraged on my part.

Need a bit of thickening up on the music side, try pan expansion or similar, some forms of delay can add a lot of depth too.

Nice or should I say beautiful.

Denis
#5January 22nd, 2009 · 03:00 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: work it out
Hi PD

learning a new format allways tricky ........

this is GREAT

I still havent got 2 grips with voc recording in FL Studio!!!!
my old habits dying hard

Nice one ..................GREAT TO HEAR YOUR VOICE WITH GREAT LYRICS!!!....AGAIN!!!!!!

I VOTE VERY HOT!!!! 90+

FISH
#6January 22nd, 2009 · 05:02 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
lyrics....!!!!
love 'em 

mascara smudges on the spare duvet.......I LOVE THAT LINE. alot of women will identify with that imagery.

& listen to Puppet......he's right.

well done.

mb
#7January 25th, 2009 · 11:01 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Cheezy mmm to my ears the makings of a  POP song , and a very good one at that.
Love your vocal quality and the harmonies are great as are the lyrics and melody .
The vocal recording in FL seems to be working .
Hope to hear more PD san
regards
yoko
#8January 26th, 2009 · 12:12 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
I agree with PuppetXeno, if this was produced at a professional level it would certainly make a good track, but I can imagine it slightly different. Mainly the clarity of the vocals (within the mix at the moment I believe it coul do with less reverb/delay) and better structure/dynamics.

You've done well, especially if you're getting to grips with a new feature. It is definatley the basis of a great track but even better it IS a good song . The mascara line was nice and as usual you've got nothing to say, very few words say a lot!
#9January 26th, 2009 · 12:35 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I liked it .  has a good beat, sounds all fit together nicely.  You did a fine job on the vocals.  The effects used reminds me of some of the old 80's mtv    Very nice.
#10January 29th, 2009 · 08:59 AM
6 posts
United Kingdom
Love the lyrics/vocals. x

#11January 29th, 2009 · 02:52 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
good mix on the voice and fitting fx
very popular but in a positive way.
It is catchy anyhai
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:16 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.