#1January 20th, 2009 · 03:02 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Forever Together

This song is not in a battle

It's taken me two years to put this together LOL, Never really took it further from the main part until now, it's about time too!!!

I recently purchased a Roland JV1080 Synth module, recorded the strings with it on this cut.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 20th, 2009 · 09:02 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
First of all, excellent quality man!!! The intro totally straps you in and makes you want to hear the rest of the song.
Reminds me of some early zeppelin work.
This is an awesome tune and all the instruments fitted together just work perfectly! It has a nice live kind of feel to it. Very inspirational.
I really love the "chorus" part. Excellent cord progression. If you had some dogs barking in this it would sound really cool. lol. (I guess you could say it gets a little repetetive after a while but if you add in some lyrics or dogs barking at some parts -in time and in tune with the music- it wouldnt seem so repetitive)
Two years of work certainly payed off.
Nice work!!
Awesome rating from me.
#3January 20th, 2009 · 10:16 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Great flute. Great synth string sounds. Well played guitar. Love the little hammer-ons.

The chord structure fits very nicely, especially in the chorus.
#4January 21st, 2009 · 01:29 AM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
yo I love the strings into it. I kind of see the strings to acoustic and distortion to rock. It brings the music with more depth. Nice folk song!
#5January 21st, 2009 · 01:17 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Sounds great. I love the flute, wasn't expecting it and it just fits so well. It's a bit like Jethro Tull for kids. My only criticism would be that the flute is off time a bit here and there, there's still a bit that remains to be polished there. I'd love to hear it with a 12 string and a mandolin to really get fuller strings. Good work.
#6January 21st, 2009 · 02:32 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
DTF wrote…
Sounds great. I love the flute, wasn't expecting it and it just fits so well. It's a bit like Jethro Tull for kids. My only criticism would be that the flute is off time a bit here and there, there's still a bit that remains to be polished there. I'd love to hear it with a 12 string and a mandolin to really get fuller strings. Good work.

You're are absolutly right about the flute, it's off in a lot of places and does needs to be polished. The flute is not my main instrument, it was the best I could do on the day, if I practiced the parts for a week, it would be perfect.

Yes a madolin would sound great, I think one of your band members has one, I would love you to have ago.
Also, I was singing along to it today in the car, A vocal melody separate to the flute easily fits round it, so if your interested, why not have a go at singing to it with your band, I think a female lead vocal would sound awesome.

Cheers

Denis
#7January 21st, 2009 · 06:06 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
really crisp recording, good effort, flutes nice, proper summery tune yea, mellow it is, everythings in a good place in the mix, like the strings too, not too loud which is good but definately help fill it out, needs vocals, or percussion, maybe some bongos or something vocals would be nice tho
#8January 22nd, 2009 · 10:04 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
beautiful work..You have some incredible melodies..Almost wish it would flow with lesser pauses..But hey that just me and where your sound takes me..Very big recording sound wise..Your the master..Great flute work!!!
#9January 25th, 2009 · 10:01 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
United States of America
The music sounds effortless
It pulled an emotion out of me.

The melody takes me somewhere.
off
#10January 25th, 2009 · 11:20 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
clear recording
Ahh Denis San what a beautiful song .
Very natural sound from instrumentation strings/guitar yes  and the flute played live is great , most relaxing.
The few aberrant notes make this organic , & working with a flute player myself I am aware the subtleties of breath embouchure and tone etc to be captured in perfect human made  performance, not cut up samples or played via midi .
Pastoral flavor most excellent
thankyou for posting
yoko
#11January 26th, 2009 · 12:00 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
A bit too much reverb on the guitar for my taste, but hey with the flute in there who cares?!

Very folk and once again another nice song by Denis .
Something I'd expect to hear on a sunny day, you've certainly lifted my mood!
#12January 26th, 2009 · 10:12 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
aar0j wrote…
A bit too much reverb on the guitar for my taste, but hey with the flute in there who cares?!

Very folk and once again another nice song by Denis .
Something I'd expect to hear on a sunny day, you've certainly lifted my mood!

Your the second Amper who has said too much reverb on the guitar, thanks for being honest.
Hmm, I'll experiment with that.
I think I need to go back to basics, which is generally with reverb you increase the amount until the piont you hear it kick in, too much can wash out the sound. This method can apply to all effects.

Cheers

Denis
#13January 26th, 2009 · 10:31 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
well, I'm one to like re verb..like all of your recordings Denis..this is a nice one...so clear and well mixed to my ears..and a nice music flow....

Flyer
#14March 26th, 2011 · 04:16 PM
26 threads / 26 songs
80 posts
United Kingdom
Denis this is one beautiful tune. Listened to it several times on the trot. It's like lolling about on a river somewhere.
Great
WillyBob
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 10:35 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.