#1January 16th, 2009 · 04:08 AM
3 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United States of America
Meandering

This song is not in a battle

A stream-of-consciousness improv piece.   I've been hanging around long enough,  it is time to contribute something musical.   Feedback appreciated.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 16th, 2009 · 01:32 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Very nicely played. Sounds live, very well recorded if you did.

More like this please, can you play ant other istruments, if not would love someone to add violin to this.

Cheers

Denis
#3January 16th, 2009 · 05:59 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
great. I love simple solo piano pieces. Nice playing man.

I agree, its well recorded for a live piano. congrats on your first musical contribution... downloaded 

Ian
#4January 16th, 2009 · 11:48 PM
3 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United States of America
Thank you, Dennis and Ian for listening and your nice compliments.  I recorded this live at a fellow's house here in town.  It was a Yamaha Grand but I did not write down what kind of recording equipment we used and now I do not remember.  He has a nice studio in his basement so we run the cables up the stairway to the piano in the living room.    It was a relaxed recording session because nobody else was around.  Tim, the recording engineer was the only other person in the house and he was in the basement.  Just me and the piano.  This particular song was done in one take. 

Dennis, I don't play any other instruments well enough to record.  I am working on another piece that sounds similair to this with some of the same chord progressions.  I recorded it with a digital 8 track recorder and my electric piano.  I am adding other instruments too and will post when I get closer to being done.  As far as this song goes, if someone wants to add other instruments let me know.

Thanks again
Matt
#5January 17th, 2009 · 05:15 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Very nicely done. I'm not much into piano-only but I love the instrument itself, and your track is a really nice piece, especially because it's an improv. If you said you'd had composed this over the course of weeks I'd have bought it aswell.

So good job and keep at it!
#6January 19th, 2009 · 02:54 AM
3 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United States of America
PX
Thank you for the encouragement.
Matt
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:24 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.