#1January 3rd, 2009 · 01:24 AM
12 threads / 12 songs
89 posts
Canada
seemed innocent
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 5 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2009-01

This is a brand new song dealing with A true situation about a friend.

seemed innocent

you did'nt  see it comin'
don't even think you knew
all the devestation
for your family and you

Chorus:

it seemed innocent, it seemed innocent enough
to set yourself a trap

you are my friend
and your hug gave me hope to carry on
with tears falling from my eyes
'cause I knew that you were a friend that really cared

solo

how will you change things?
turn back the hour glass
I'm not going to judge you
'cause any man can be tempted in this way

2 chorus:

keep your mind in check
never let it stray to the right or to the left
keep your heart in check
never leave the paths of righteousness

c.2008 jgv

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 3rd, 2009 · 06:43 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
You cant often hear such subtle recordings on this website.
Got inspired to play some piano to this and dreamed of being on stage with you to perform this independent music. Had some bass and drums in mind and a full instrumental arrangement. And some hoo hoo girls in the background.
Your guitar recording and play is brilliant. And so is also the song.
#3January 3rd, 2009 · 08:43 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
jgv, really love your song, very passionate, has the necessary softness and hardness , certainly on the vocal, I like the chorus a lot. Yes I think you could practice keeping the note on such a cry, but it's excellent never the less.
Am I right in hearing a very low rumble (like a passing aeroplane) in the background?
Love the drum when it comes in.
Yes, good stuff, thoroughly enjoyed, it's like your classical side and your shamanistic side coming together in perfect harmony. 
#4January 12th, 2009 · 05:28 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
very nice,  excellent song... really like the guitar work.  your voice is very nice , at times maybe a little strained on the highest notes (they're up there)  nice harmony in spots.  a very dark and moody melody ,  this stand out as an exceptional song though.  gets very high vote , because the one thing that top songs should do this one does , and that is to have great feeling and emotion .. this song does just that.
#5January 16th, 2009 · 07:12 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
Totally out of my realm of music, but I do not choose to be biased about my critique on a song.

I actually like the song, but I think that the percussion is a little light. My headphones are the kind that actually plays the lower frequencies louder, and I could barely hear them myself. I think they need to be pulled forward  a little bit.

Otherwise, I think your voice is great. I do hear a minor issue though: You seem to be stressing your vocal chords. At least that's what it sounds like to me. I always have that problem, especially when my allergies are messing with my vocal chords. I end up sounding like I'm deaf rather than sound as good as I do.

I gave you 5 stars, because I am just pointing out minor problems, the whole song is great.
#6January 16th, 2009 · 09:46 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
Germany
Wow, great song, sounds very cool... we like your sound!
#7January 17th, 2009 · 04:59 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Really great song. Very well structured, good lyrics, and the instrumental execution is ace.. very driving.. building tension, I just love those percussive elements. Nice vocal work aswell, though maybe the eqqing of the vox make them sound thinner than they could be. But for the overall track, it's not much of an issue at all.

Great job!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 10:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.