7 threads / 7 songs
30 posts
Netherlands
Boring Life

This song is not in a battle

Ancient old ditties from the vault.

Recorded back in 1997 with my Fostex X-26

Instruments used:

Drums: Ludwig kit with Rogers snare (recorded with crappy mic)
Double Bass: Musima from East Germany
Guitar: Hondo II

One of the first songs I recorded, after getting my Fostex multitracker home studio, was this rockabilly song Boring Life....about how nothing ever happened in my life. Apart from playing gigs with the rockabilly - bluegrass band I was in, in those years.

The drums are terrible, due to recording them with a bad mic, but also the timing is not that good. I thought I'd take it from the vault anyway....somebody out there might enjoy it somehow.. I did when I recorded it back then.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 30th, 2008 · 05:12 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Bootleg again, I don't mind this quality at all. It has it's own charm, the point is that the groove of the song gets through. Nice effects on that guitar, all in all it's nice energetic tune with which so many people can relate... problem is you recorded it 15 years too late (maybe even 20) couldve been a bit of a hit
#3December 30th, 2008 · 05:29 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
30 posts
Netherlands
When I recorded this in 1997 I had seen loads and loads of psychobilly bands like Batmobile, Guyana Bats, The Meteors, Demented Are Go, The Cramps, Restless and Frenzy....

Somehow these bands had some influence when I came up with this song... And I guess I just had quit playing rockabilly and bluegrass with the band I was in but the will to slap that bass was still there...
#4February 12th, 2012 · 04:01 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Australia
Sounds pretty good for a first attempt. It always takes some understanding when you get a new toy.
Well done. Come have a listen to my double bass playing attempts!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 10:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.