#1December 29th, 2008 · 12:49 AM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
Forever demo trial

This song is not in a battle

Ok. I have someone willing to do a demo for this song. He has sent me a midi file with a very quick melody for it. I really want to see what you guys think. He is willing to try and pitch it and will own half the song...the melody of course. The cost will be around 300 dollars. The first link below is to the original version. When you listen to this, the synthesizer that is predominant in the melody would be representative of how the words would be sung.

The female vocals are included in the 300 dollar cost. I would get a CD and a downloadable copy of the music as well as chord/lyric and lead sheets. He is willing as well to work with me on the song if I do not like the finished product, so it is not take it or leave it.

The composer is thinking a country pop theme for this. Plese take the time to listen and follow along with the lyrics and let me know what you think.(Lyrics are in the link below)
Again, this is NOT his finsihed product lol. It is merely a very quick melody done on midi for the first 2 verses and 1 chorus.

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/5808_page2.html

Thanks folks!
-Mark
Happy New Year!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 29th, 2008 · 03:04 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
This is good, but is it worth $300 to you? As long as its worth it to you then by all means go for it.

I am a little unclear to exactly what is going on, you wrote part of this song, but you are getting like a company to produce the rest for you, with vocals and everything?
This doesn't sound like country at all though.....
#3December 29th, 2008 · 03:35 AM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
Yeah, I wrote the lyrics and they would produce the music and vocals etc. I am not good enough yet to record music so this is the route I am looking at for now.

He is trying a country-crossover thing.

The recording is meant only to give me the jist of what he is thinking. I am hoping the actual recording would be much better haha.
I have heard some of his demos he has done before and they are okay but not great. I think there are MUCH better vocalists here on BandAmp. Really, I think of a few Ampers with the time felt like it they could make a few bucks doing this type of thing.

#4December 29th, 2008 · 04:40 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
The chord progression with the melody is bit strange. You can hardly follow the line. To me it sounds ineffectually. And I couldn't get where the chorus starts. Missing some action. Although it's sweet and easy listening. To be honest I don't know to where this is going. I think it needs more development. 300$ is too much.

Country-crossover? Not to me. Reminds me of sharks. It has this special south american flavor what lets your lady swing her hips and invite you to more.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:23 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.