#1December 20th, 2008 · 06:39 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Germany
Justice

This song is not in a battle

Here's another tune from me, hope you like it...at least a bit :-) The lyrics may - as always - be a bit confusing as I'm no native english speaking person but I think you'll get an idea. At last it was never wrong to inspire people to think on theirselves. Enjoy!

Merry Christmas ;-)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 20th, 2008 · 07:10 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
I think our mood seriously effects our taste in music. Lol. But I really enjoyed this song. I'm gonna listen to it again. I like this song a lot, and the melody. I think the melody goes right with the song perfectly, specialy the verses. I also like the counter melody on the guitar around 1:40. It's good, I like this style. It has a subtle modern pop in the song. It's good!
#3December 20th, 2008 · 09:08 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
I've never heard any of your stuff before, but this is really good. As I listen, Im somehow reminded of Pink Floyd (mainly Roger Waters stuff), but I can't say why....  lyrics are fine (more than fine), after all, most lyrics don't make sense anyway... very cool. No criticisms on this, I think you've done a really good job.

Ian
#4December 20th, 2008 · 11:41 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
Yea... the song is not confusing... the lyrics are fine!
#5December 21st, 2008 · 04:30 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeah, this is really nice tunage. I like how you did the vocals. Reminds me of Roger Waters stuff aswell, and some of the Alan Parsons project - but both only superficially. All in all it's your original style and that's only good.

Musically, this is really good, and I suppose the lyrics are too, although I haven't paid much attention to them. Production wise it's decent, but not "radio ready" - so that's the only thing for improvement. Instrument balances and equalizing all seems fine, what it could use is a flashier, more daring arrangement I think. But then, you managed to record the track and did a great job doing so. I like the song a lot.

Well, that's all for now
#6December 21st, 2008 · 10:38 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
This has a touch of a Beatle sound..kinda like..."I'm the Walrus"....or is it me?...this is really good...very good mix and recording....and yes I do get a Piink Floyd feel also...darn..I'm glad I checked this one out..Nice going....well done....why do you think its confusing?...listening to this for a 3rd 4th time...think I'm going to have to add this one to my playlist

Flyer

Nice rating
#7December 21st, 2008 · 07:37 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Justice
Fabulous production
This the first time I hear u here on the amp..........
this is very good..............'crisp'
I vote very high as per :
http://about.bandamp.com/rating.html
90%+

it doesnt get creative juices going too much ...................but its very well done

swordfish
#8December 22nd, 2008 · 06:03 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Germany
I'm glad I posted the song here, thank you very much for your warm approval everybody.
I'm always unsure about a song - every song is something intimate and posting it always makes you some kind of vulnerable, but I feel welcome here with you countenancing my work. Thanks alot!
Putting me on your playlist makes me turn red ;-)
#9December 23rd, 2008 · 06:51 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Very well put together, it has a sort of 70's feel to it, reminds me of a UK artist, for life of me I can't remember his name.

Like the vocal effect, I'd guess and say you have used a form of delay

'Keep 'em comin'

Denis
#10December 24th, 2008 · 12:38 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Woah! Total vibe of Roger Waters taking over my brain right there!

I love it!
#11December 24th, 2008 · 01:14 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Very good! It is very Pink-Floyd-ish to my ears.

My advice to you is, don't worry about your lyrics. For me, the actual content of the lyrics is almost irrelevant. What really matter, IMHO, is that your voice sounds how you want it to, and that the melody makes sense and everything. Obviously I can't ignore the fact that sometimes lyrics have powerful meanings, but I do not believe for a second that silly or nonsensical lyrics could ever detract even a little bit from a song's musical quality. Just look at Bohemian Rhapsody, or COUNTLESS other songs with apparently random lyrics.

This song would be just as good if the lyrics were in a language I don't know, and I couldn't understand a single word of it. As it is, I'm not really paying a lot of attention to what the words actually are anyway.

I just know that they sound cool!
#12December 27th, 2008 · 08:11 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Germany
I think you're right, Oldies324, the lyrics don't need to make sense, at least that's what it always was for me. But I didn't know how native english speaking people would take the lyrics. Now I'm glad you tell me it's the same for you: Lyrics don't count that much - it's the composition that counts. Thanks alot for your input!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 12:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.