#1December 19th, 2008 · 08:40 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
A Thousand Times

This song is not in a battle

Came up with the song in about 20mins. yesterday. Did a quick recording and mix.

I could tell you the Truth a thousand times, but you won't listen!

I could show you how the World was made,
And that it took me longer than six or seven days,
But you open up your Book and pray,
And listen to what the preacher says.

I could show you what the future holds,
And all the souls that have been bought and sold,
And that Destiny is much more cold than warm.

I could show you the Code to Life,
And that Freedom of Choice is nothing but a lie.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 19th, 2008 · 09:41 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
Dude, this sums up my exact feelings after watching a very distressing documentary by Louis Theroux ("the most hated family in America") just last night (coincidence?). Aside from this group preaching generic hatred towards homosexuals and soldiers and actively going out and almost provoking violence, the most frustrating thing (for me) was that there were young members wasting their lives devoting themselves to this, and absolutely nothing you could do or say would change their minds.

Anyway, very deep and emotional stuff. good lyric writing too. Well done

Ian
#3December 19th, 2008 · 10:21 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Nice concept, good lyrical content. I hope you're going to turn this into a full featured song (with complete arrangement), because that would be really cool. I like the reference to souls as trade items.. lol.. i  did that myself too one day in a song, claiming that souls are just small change for the infernal slot machine. O well.

Just a bit weird that you say "I could show you how the World was made, and that it took me longer than six or seven days" without the "me" it would make more sense esp. in regard to creationist bashing. Maybe that's not the intention of the song but would make it more multifunctional.

Anyway, nice concept indeed.
#4December 19th, 2008 · 01:54 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
This has great potential,

I can feel the song building-up to include drums, Bass, grunge guitars and plenty of atmosphere.

It's great that you recorded it while it was fresh, that's how many great songs have been written

Well done

Denis
#5December 20th, 2008 · 02:55 AM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
Good Job on this one! Even though there was no chord progression (i think there was that minor chord only, but I forgot, gotta listen to it twice), the song still progressed. It wasn't boring I thought. Well maybe because that I related to this song so quick.. One question, are you a Christian?
It is good despite it doesn't seem complete and short. And plus you made it very quickly. I also like how you weren't too judgemental of your materials. I think that's how songs should start, I mean this song's got potential. Every song has a potential, but they have to start somewhere and be edited, improved, etc.This is good though... Here's a challenge for anybody, try to write 20 songs in one day.
#6December 20th, 2008 · 06:43 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Denis: I've incorporated the rhythm and lyrics into a guitar part I've had worked out for awhile, but always felt something needed to be included to make it better. I spent the better part of yesterday recording it. I'm working on the second guitar part now. Thanks for the compliments.

Rapcloudstrife: There is a chord progresseion: Am, Fmaj7/A, C, Fmaj7/A. Regarding brevity, see my reply to Denis above. I'll top your challenge: Write 21 songs in a day.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 5:31 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.