#1December 9th, 2008 · 02:37 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Secret Agent Slut

This song is not in a battle

New track...influenced by many things, got too eager and forgot to make an ending but you get the idea mix info much appreciated, how does it sound on your speakers? too bassy?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 9th, 2008 · 02:47 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
so jazzy.... tapping my feet.... like a very fast train stretching the time....
some Denis influences?
I remember one member who played a muted trumpet. That would be great. The sounds, the instruments and the samples are very suitable to the theme.
Great sound in my laptop speakers
#3December 9th, 2008 · 04:34 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Thx triton i've noticed some note clases at somepoints that for some reason i didnt hear before... anyone else hear this?
#4December 9th, 2008 · 06:31 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Tropical vibes from this one!  Could have used a bit more sparkle in the high end...  just a personal preference.  
  Lovely samples!  Nice blend of elements... plenty to keep my ear interested!  Ace, Mate!  Lovin the piano but it has a bit of a muted feel to me?  Maybe I just gravitate that way, man... I don't know...  and dont take it wrong man, this is the cats pajamas!
#5December 11th, 2008 · 02:19 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hmmm The title is interesting, it sturs the imagination.

Hey Devo I've just started to learn to play the Flute and Sax, [I could do a few Bars of what ever and perhaps you could sample the sound in one of your future productions] don't get me wrong your great at what you do
with the samples, they blend so well and the arrangement keeps it interesting.

The Eq is fine I like the Bass, so long as it's a nice sound, you did good.

Perhaps some work on the pan for more separation, but It still sounds great.

Well done

Denis
#6December 16th, 2008 · 08:10 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very nice track Devo much enjoyed the listen!!!Drums a bit over compressed to my ears but I might be wrong!!!Awesome job!!!Great sample layering!!!!
#7December 17th, 2008 · 01:57 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Pretty cool track.. "lounge techno" goes in well with me. Energizes like a red bull/red vodka drink :P

Cool choice of styles, nice layering to, indeed, a beat resembling a smooth, fast and tranquil train ride.. dozing away reveils a world of half dreams and hidden realities, in the meantime getting from A to B with as little effort as possible.

Or so it seems. The title to the song is not what I can easily link to the listening experience, but it doesnt matter. Well done!
#8December 17th, 2008 · 07:33 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I like the term "lounge techno" coined by Puppet... that's just what it is!
Classy sounds, very nicely put together.
Frenetic in places - smooth in others.  A train ride indeed.

As far as the mix is concerned, there's a little too much bottom end coming from my speakers but not enough to cause damage!

Nice stuff
#9December 17th, 2008 · 12:48 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the feedback, in the final wav i sent to the label the bass is toned down abit, the main problem with high subs is is limits the maximum volume you can turn the track up and of course i like my music loud haha i'll be back on later and see what new creations you've all come up with, but i just had my wisdom teeth pulled so think imma have a lie down for abit 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 12:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.