#1December 7th, 2008 · 03:06 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Christmas FL style
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 12 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-12

Well, I decided to work on a little christmas number...  I don't do much of this stuff...  So excuse the crappyness... 

It's kind of Let it Snow meets winter wonderland meets rockin around the christmas tree with some jingle bells tossed in, kind of jazzy/musak style.. 

Very different from my normal stuff...  Very time consuming... which is why I have actually been not so talkative lately... 

anyway, ladies and gentlemen, here it is...  I hope you like it..

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 7th, 2008 · 05:00 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
God! I've died and ended up in heaven by mistake!! And it's a Christmas Shopping Mall !!!

Really nice piece of music, a very jazzy Christmas. Your own description of it is spot on!

If you ask me, if you have the time, do more FL midi stuff, not necessarily exactly this style , but definitely structured and created like this.
This is a pleasure to listen to , all the way through , I really hear no 'crappyness' !
This is not a noodle this is seriously good.
#3December 7th, 2008 · 06:19 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Jim you simply must do some more FL stuff, this is the best music I've heard from you.

I could just imagine myself sitting in a posh restaurant overlooking a river being entertained by this lovely piece.

If you wrote some vox, I would love to  have a go at some vocals, I love singing to this style

Keep 'em comin' dude

Denis
#4December 7th, 2008 · 06:53 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
thanks guys
Wow.. I kinda thought it sounded a bit cluttered to my ears.. not bad.. I was trying to mix a bit of  styles here, so it probably doesn't sound as bad as I hear it...  But as for lyrics, I haven't actually gotten that far.. If anyone cares to take a stab at writing some, I would love to have some vocals... Dunno if your up to writing the lyrics Denis, but maybe someone can, and perhaps send them your way to do the vocals..

By all means...  Have at it Bandampers... 

JimK
#5December 7th, 2008 · 08:23 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Very impressed by this Jim - great bit of programming, fabulously clear recording.  Cleverly structured..... and very much reminding us of
CHRISTMAS! Yeah.
#6December 7th, 2008 · 03:39 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice Jimbo

Rated
#7December 7th, 2008 · 03:52 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Christmas FL style
You Still the craziest...... ENJOY FL........

May the message of Christmas be remembered........ and retail madness soon be over  

splash
#8December 8th, 2008 · 06:47 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: thanks guys
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
Wow.. I kinda thought it sounded a bit cluttered to my ears.. not bad.. I was trying to mix a bit of  styles here, so it probably doesn't sound as bad as I hear it...  But as for lyrics, I haven't actually gotten that far.. If anyone cares to take a stab at writing some, I would love to have some vocals... Dunno if your up to writing the lyrics Denis, but maybe someone can, and perhaps send them your way to do the vocals..

By all means...  Have at it Bandampers... 

JimK

Lyrics is my weakness, so hopefylly somone will be inspired to write some.

Cheers

Denis
#9December 10th, 2008 · 05:10 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Jim I VOTE
Its CHRISTMAS MADNESS AS ONLY U KNOW HOW

RE- Blasted MIDI File I Reckon

HaHa

Fish
#10December 10th, 2008 · 06:48 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: Jim I VOTE
swordfish wrote…
Its CHRISTMAS MADNESS AS ONLY U KNOW HOW

RE- Blasted MIDI File I Reckon

HaHa

Fish

In a way your right...

I started with this http://jkoontz.com/snow.mid as my base... it was a midi I created back when I had my Commodore 64. I never could get the percussion right, so I didn't bother completing it. This has no percussion I saved it with just the piano bits..

I then took it, and made it fuller, adding more piano bits.. And some flute bits.. And some percussion that I did in fact kinda steal from another midi file.. I just lightened it up a bit. As it was too much drums for this song, I wanted a soft jazz feel to the percussion, and I am not good at drum programming stuff..

Anyway.. That's how I did it.
#11December 10th, 2008 · 07:17 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very cool Jim..Kudos man totally good show!!!very much enjoyed!!!!!!Happy Holidays my friend!!!!!
Theres some cool things going on here man!!Totally awesome!
#12December 12th, 2008 · 07:48 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
very nice, excellent writing too.  very Seasonal sounding too.  get very good vote
#13December 16th, 2008 · 07:07 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
smiling
Thanks...  I really did enjoy this one...  I still think the percussion could be better...  I had a hard time getting it light and jazzy, and still keeping with the song well enough...  I think I took too much out from the original track, which I can't find, I think I might have saved over it, so I can't fix it... sigh.....  Oh well, I may or may not continue with FL that much.. I find it to be very interesting, but very difficult to do well... And I really like to play the instruments... so, I dunno... I think I did ok with this, but most of this was done back in the 80's when I was young, and had LOTS more time on my hands... Now, I have NO TIME, and NO PATIENCE.. heheeh

JimK
#14December 17th, 2008 · 02:02 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Kinda jazzy yet also eerily resembling fairground music... Anyway great job on the frooty programming, apart from the early piano-only (a bit too midi that part) it sounds pretty well arranged all round. Donno what else to say except Well done!

ps. me ain't gonna make no x mass tune - I tried but I can't -I may wring out a midwinter tune instead. Who knows..
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 8th, 2024 · 12:31 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.