#1November 29th, 2008 · 03:24 PM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Local lullaby ver.2 :)

This song is not in a battle

Due to the popular demand here it is the second version of the local lullaby just posted yesterday.
TritonKeyboarder's (and others) point was taken and there is similar to the intro - outro

Hope you'll enjoy it

Bellow is (very) loose translation of the words. I must warn you that it does sound ridiculous, although in Bulgarian it makes much more sense. That's the beauty of the poetry (if you can call a lullaby so)

Kitty Read

Kitty read, Kitty read,
Kitty read books,
how to catch
how to catch
small gray mice
The first rule is
fold your ears good,
Then curve your backbone,
Curve your backbone
as Father Cat would make.

The chorus I think I cannot translate. It is basically a lot of different versions of meows:)

Then in quiet, secret clutches
Figure "Quiet step"
To the old rat, to the old rat
quietly you smuggle
Important is to choose to jump
in the right moment
That's a Mom Cats patent.

Chorus

Kitty read, Kitty read
Kitty read books,
On how to catch
small gray mice
But eventually,
the old rat
So it scared,
that kitty forgot,
its first lesson.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 29th, 2008 · 03:46 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Awesome  .. I love it.. gets top vote for originality and the production is very good . .  That voice is too great. I laugh every time I hear the chorus. it is just that great!.
#3November 30th, 2008 · 11:33 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Thanks for the good words, dude I enjoyed playing and recording it myself. The production turned really well too.
#4November 30th, 2008 · 05:29 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
That guitar sounds amazing! How do you record it?
The whole production is really professional.
Just one thing: Sometimes the guitar sounds to me like out of sync with the drums. I don't know if it's only me who feels that way.
I'd just cut a bit of reverb in the voice so you can make words more clear. May be duplicate the vocal line with the same words/melody but 1 octave lower, like a male singing... could give a nice effect.
But, anyway, amazing job.

> Iszil
#5December 1st, 2008 · 01:19 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Thanks, Iszil

Guitar has been recorded in the simplest possible way, I know. Just stuck a mic (Senn e906) in front of a speaker cab(V30), powered by a tube amp (Diezel Einstein). Tracked 4 times with a bit different arrangement and that's it. Almost no other processing has been applied through the mix.

Great points you have. The chorus of this piece is a little tricky, since it starts on the second beat of the measure, that gives that off time feeling (plus that I didn't bother to arrange it in a proper way - so you're right).
The vocal has been double tracked octave lower with a male and female voice, but those have been lowered quite a bit in the mix, just to give a bit of thickness, but not meant to be heard as separate, but may try to raise it a bit
I will normally "glue" the vocals a bit more "in the mix", but since that's made specially for our little one, she is quite sensitive on hearing the well known mommies voice
#6December 1st, 2008 · 01:51 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Lol haha I didn't listen to the earlier version but tis very funny. I was sincerely expecting something far more slayer-like with that intro and all. And what do we get? Kiddie punk! LMAO!

It's really cool, I like the production value aswell, it's by all means adequate ... The guitar tone is excellent, the vocals are good too. Good build up and song structure all in all, a surprising ending aswell. Well done - I hope your little one can appreciate it.

Cheers!
#7December 1st, 2008 · 05:59 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
United Kingdom
wow

that was weird when I heard the baby sounds.. and then when the vocals came in it was even weirder! A nice fun song to listen to though haha!

Great job man.
#8December 1st, 2008 · 04:09 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
running crazy....... lol

awesome drums.... Now I would love to hear this played by a Boehmisches Blasorchester

awesome tempo change (rhythm) at 3:45

I meow that meow ending and had great kitty meow... mmeeeeeeeoooowwww

(haaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii)   < that's another language
#9December 1st, 2008 · 06:02 PM
3 posts
United States of America
The voicing here is trance-like
You just have to listen
And dear god did I laugh

MEOW KITTY MEOW!
#10December 2nd, 2008 · 01:16 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Thanks for listening and the good words We will be going forward with some other lullabies. The little one has to have full CD of these, I hope that time will allow
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 10:07 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.