#1November 25th, 2008 · 11:08 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Luxury

This song is not in a battle

First off, thanks for all those who commented on the last song.  I've added a Sax solo at the end, it's not perfect, but I like some of the parts, may do it again.  JiminUK is working on the lyrics and vocals.

Had a go at getting an effect on the bass, compression on mix down and using Cool Edit pro to reduce the hiss with this new song here.

It was a lot of  fun, I like the main melody line.

Cheers

Denis

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 25th, 2008 · 02:15 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Very decent sounds again Denis; lovely flow.  Love the break at 1:43 very classy. 
Good recording quality (the noise reduction has done it's stuff here - although a bit of hiss at around 2:35 and at the end).
Playing, construction, instrumental choices all top notch.
Great music.
#3November 25th, 2008 · 03:35 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
funky rhythm... excellent buildup and superb recording quality. the 16th beat of the hihat bit too crisp but it fits anyhow. 

wonderful guitars playing world style. well done!
#4November 27th, 2008 · 05:05 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
This is nice Denis..I read the lyrics that Jim has in the lyric forum...I was way off on the kind of music that I though would fit this song...But, I think you two have something going...I will be looking for the final cut...

Nice work

Flyer

Nice Rating
#5November 28th, 2008 · 12:19 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
excellent mix. some great great riffs in this song. your one of the best players on this site. very tasty . I love the percussion in this song.  top notch gets highest vote now.. can't wait to hear the other version.
#6November 28th, 2008 · 12:51 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
excellent mix. some great great riffs in this song. your one of the best players on this site. very tasty . I love the percussion in this song.  top notch gets highest vote now.. can't wait to hear the other version.

I wasn't planning on adding anything else to this song, although when I was first playing around with the rhythm and bass it gave me the idea to have a female vocal on the similar lines of Sade.

Cheers Goat

Denis
#7October 7th, 2010 · 03:39 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
yo man .
This layered git sound reinds me to Phillippe Catherine, a belgic guitarist. I heard a lot in the 70īs.
The bass is also great . Cool fusion stuff . Good sound quality ( some small clippings perhaps, but o.k.)
 U . L . I .
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.