#1November 16th, 2008 · 08:49 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
29 posts
Denmark
You are my sunshine

This song is not in a battle

Hey a bit modified version.. I would like to dedicate this version to my long lost daughter.

Hope the good people of Louisiana can forgive me :-)

The other night, dear,
As I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms.
When I awoke, dear,
I was mistaken
And I hung my head and cried
You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are Grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away
I'll always love you
And make you happy
If you will only say the same
But if you leave me
To love another
You'll regret it all some day
You told me once, dear
You really loved me
And no one else could come between
But now you've left me
And love another
You have shattered all my dreams;
You are my sunshine... now you will no.....no one can take my love away.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 16th, 2008 · 11:31 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
This is a very good example of how to manage a lala song into something good.
G chords on guitar sound always good.
I've waited for some drums at 1:45 and perhaps some strings. Flat solo at 3:15, better sound with pedal steel guitar.
Great vocals!!!
#3November 16th, 2008 · 11:37 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
29 posts
Denmark
Hey there ! thanks for the comment, well i've just moved and havent got my keyboard and bass yet, but feel free to put a drumlayer maby some keyboard.. could be nice to hear, I agree on the solo it jus'nt have that punch!
#4November 16th, 2008 · 01:40 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Nice song. Good to see some traditional music on Bandamp. You've got a nice version here, it keeps what could otherwise be a dull song interesting. A few hiccups here and there, the solo comes in a bit off time, and there's one little error at the end of the first chorus, but all in all quite good. I agree with triton, the solo cold use some work, but it's not very long anyways. I'm imagining this with some harmony, maybe a little backup oohs at the chorus just to reinforce the chords and give the chorus a little more umph. The Blind Boys of Alabama do a version of I Shall Not Walk Alone which I think has a similar feel to what you're going for. Still good work, I enjoyed listening to it.
#5November 16th, 2008 · 03:30 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Wow. Ace song here.
Hm. Only bad thing is a few timing issues,but it's not major.
Great job!
#6November 18th, 2008 · 01:18 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I like this song. I used this song...Not your version, on a song that Paganscradle and I recorded..I used the last verse at the end I forgot the name of it now..Ill have to look it up...you did this song really nice. Very nice voice ...

The song we did was......Baby Shine

Flyer

Nice Rating
#7November 18th, 2008 · 01:35 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
The singing and playing are pretty good... the version's not exactly uplifting though!!! lol
Damn decent recording quality wise.
Keep it up!
#8November 18th, 2008 · 01:49 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah the vox are really nice, I don't normaly comment on covers, but you have certailny put your mark on it.

The guitar sounds it's been strummed too hard in places, something I used to do a lot.

Excellent recording skills.

Nice job

Denis
#9November 18th, 2008 · 06:58 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
very nice
This being a traditional, I don't really consider it a cover.... It's a great song... and done very heart felt and warmly..

It isn't really supposed to be uplifting, it's a melancholy tune... But again, very well done...  Sure, there are a few timing issues, blah blah.. It's minor, when looking at the whole song, in it's entirety.. I have to say I really enjoyed listening to it... I won't ask about the dedication..  

JimK
#10February 3rd, 2010 · 08:39 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
29 posts
Denmark
maby
thanks for your supportings keep in mind that this was recorded in two versions by me this one is made in an hour or so will keep on recording thanks to you out there
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:26 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.