#1November 16th, 2008 · 04:43 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Home Sweet Home/Vox

This song is not in a battle

I've collaborated with a Classical singer with this song  created last year.

Music: Denis
Vox/Lyrics: Jason Stein

Home Sweet Home

I’ll find my way to the place I belong

I’ll follow the road of hope,
That leads through my heart,
I’ll travel the path of fear,
And look to the stars

An odyssey of wonder,
An odyssey of hunger,
Hopes of signs of a distant land,
I look back on the ages,
The writings of the sages,
Trailing wise footprints in the sand,
Trailing signs to a distant land

I will have to find that road that’s going to take me to the place where I belong,
And I know it’s going to take me to the place where I belong,
Yes I know it’s going to take me to the place where I belong,
Home Sweet home
That home sweet home

I’ve seen the light at the end of the storm

I’ve been down the road of hope,
I’ve followed the stars,
I’ve travelled the path I fear,
A distance so vast

I write about the wonder,
I write about the hunger,
Turning through the pages of my heart
Added to the pages,
Of the writings of the sages,
A journey through echoes of the past
A journey you too will have to start

You will also find the road that’s going take you to the place where you belong,
And I know it’s going take you to the place where you belong,
Yes I know it’s going take you to the place where you belong,
Home Sweet home
That home sweet home

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 16th, 2008 · 05:52 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A very beautiful song Denis.
Good show both of you.
Your mans very English, makes it sound Medieval at times , or like it's a song from some British Concept Album.
The vocal follows the guitar sometimes which also adds to the Medieval feel.
It's as if the singing is trying to 'imitate' and put into words the beauty it hears in the guitar and that we are , these days, used to 'independent' vocals and guitar in one piece.
The music is definitely yours , you have this undeniable Pink Floyd / Dire Straits thing that oozes out in every thing you do. 
#3November 16th, 2008 · 07:40 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
to me it sounds christian but not in a bad way. Kind of white gospel?
Leaning back, closing my eyes and relaxing while listening this song. And I mean it IS a song
#4November 17th, 2008 · 10:52 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Beautiful melody..the vocals are great..As usual the musical smoothness on your tracks are untouchable..Love the kinda sad chord progression leading to the chorus change..Really good ideas and very well performed and put together!!

Totally pro!!!!
Great work..Do we get more Jason?
M.
#5November 18th, 2008 · 02:37 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Beautiful melody..the vocals are great..As usual the musical smoothness on your tracks are untouchable..Love the kinda sad chord progression leading to the chorus change..Really good ideas and very well performed and put together!!

Totally pro!!!!
Great work..Do we get more Jason?
M.

Thanks M,  Jason is currently listening to my music in the hope he will be inspired to write more lyrics to sing to.

Cheers

Denis
#6November 18th, 2008 · 01:01 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice work you two. The lyrics are good. The Music is good. The mix/sound is all good.
There are just a few things that I would have done differently.
I think there should be room for a Guitar solo. Just a small one. nothing major.
I feel that this song could use a little faster beat/tempo/speed
I think the chorus should have been done differently. The vocals follow the guitar/music just a bit to much. It kind of conflicts with the rest of the song.
Yes, there is a faint touch of a gospel song here...I do like this song though..even with all that I have said

Flyer

Nice Rating
#7November 18th, 2008 · 01:20 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: .
FLYER7747 wrote…
Nice work you two. The lyrics are good. The Music is good. The mix/sound is all good.
There are just a few things that I would have done differently.
I think there should be room for a Guitar solo. Just a small one. nothing major.
I feel that this song could use a little faster beat/tempo/speed
I think the chorus should have been done differently. The vocals follow the guitar/music just a bit to much. It kind of conflicts with the rest of the song.
Yes, there is a faint touch of a gospel song here...I do like this song though..even with all that I have said

Flyer

Nice Rating

We worked with the original instrumental recording, I did try to edit some of the lead guitar, but it didn't sound right.  I've noticed too, that a lot of the tempo of the songs I created last year appear to be too slow.
We tried to change the vocal melody in the chrous, but it just didn't sound right.

I'm not so sure of adding a guitar solo??

So, yes points taken, next time I think I'll re-record the instrumental parts to allow any for structural and tempo changes.

Cheers

Denis
#8November 18th, 2008 · 06:51 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
dude
This is really cool... very Mellow....  Nice.. I agree with Kings it is very medieval.. It makes it even more cool..

Maybe toss some Mandolin in there....  and a whole chorus of flutes... ok ok.. I'm kidding.. I wouldn't change it... It's perfect as it is... It is very real, and has a great emotion to it... Nicely done...

JimK
maybe clear that noise up a bit..
#9November 19th, 2008 · 03:06 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: dude
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
This is really cool... very Mellow....  Nice.. I agree with Kings it is very medieval.. It makes it even more cool..

Maybe toss some Mandolin in there....  and a whole chorus of flutes... ok ok.. I'm kidding.. I wouldn't change it... It's perfect as it is... It is very real, and has a great emotion to it... Nicely done...

JimK
maybe clear that noise up a bit.. ;)

The noise is leakage from the headphones picking up the drums that I used instead of a metronone.  Many of my recordings last year suffered from this.  I simply lower the level of the drums now when I record, thus less leakage on the headphones, plus I live on a main road, and it was recorded with an old tape multitracker used as a preamp for the mics, which added a little hiss  These days I minimilse the leakage, with a quality preamp.  JimK you may remember that you kindly sent me a copy of cool pro to reduce the hiss, it works OK, but I find that it takes away the subtle tones of the music, I prefer the sound with the backgound hiss, if you know what I mean.

Cheers

Denis
#10November 19th, 2008 · 03:56 AM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
Home Run
I actually really like how the chorus is in sync with the guitar. It helps the hook stand out more. I really enjoy folk music and this was very well done.
Denis. It is a treat to listen to your music...I have to say that on the Amp, you are my 'Guitar Hero'.

I like the lyrics...nice and simple. Keeps things flowing without muddling things up with meandering thoughts.

Very nice work guys!

-Mark
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 5:10 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.