#1November 15th, 2008 · 02:53 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
The Mad Poet

This song is not in a battle

Another Sam the Horse / WTFolk style recording. The mood changes about halfway through.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 15th, 2008 · 04:39 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice..I wish I could mix 1/2 as good as you...good Violin work

Flyer
#3November 15th, 2008 · 06:50 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: The Mad Poet
u r lovin using a studio so much...........

lovely..........

fish
#4November 16th, 2008 · 06:29 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Great recording, fabulous playing.
All sounding good to me.

I guess my only criticism would be that it fades out!
Well done Tak
#5November 16th, 2008 · 07:20 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Really Impressive Taka..The multi layers of the violin work well the music..The production and arrangement are superb..Good stuff my friend..Great to hear some new stuff from you!...
#6November 16th, 2008 · 07:30 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
This is a fantastic song. Great skills on the violin like your skills in composition and recording
A simple backing track and a wonderful melody and gorgeous soli. Bit long though
Now you are here on BandAmp. There is a JBP video out there where you added your influences ready for the music factory
What are your next plans? Conquer the world? You shoud have a go!
#7November 16th, 2008 · 07:35 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Lovely melodies, great arrangement, love your violin work, hmm wonder what it would sound like if you harmonised it with the classical guitar lead?

I could see the Bee Gees singing to this.

Excellent!!

Denis
#8November 16th, 2008 · 07:27 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
I don't know what to do other than echo what's already been mentioned. This is just great. Loved the change and the bassline around 2:45, a part of me wanted more strings doing the bass there, but it's a really nice contrast with the funk bass and fiddle. I agree with Jiminuk about the ending though, it seems like a wasted opportunity to fade out after all that. Great work.
#9November 16th, 2008 · 09:02 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I still wonder why you are not making tours, and sounding in radios, cause you deserve it!
Man, this is simply great. I love the celtic-country violin and that banjo sounds amazing.
And, of course, you composing skills just kills! I wish I had half the talent you have.
You will go far, real far, so I wish you the best of lucks, though you don't need it.

> Iszil
#10November 17th, 2008 · 03:19 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Beautiful piece .... I love the violin but I feel the banjo part at 2:00 could not have been there, the change at 4:00 is as mellow a change but the bass has the right sound for the song.
I love what you play on the banjo I'm just comparing it to the rest of the piece.
Yea! Funky Afro Celtic Folk !!! 
#11November 17th, 2008 · 06:11 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Come on!!! What the hell are you still doing on bandamp?? I am sure there are hundreds of publishers who would kill to bring your music out! Bandamp is only a community, and I believe you should be out there making serious career and lots of money. Any plans for that?

I love the tune. All of them.
#12November 18th, 2008 · 06:35 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
kings
I believe that is a Mandolin, not a Banjo...  and for that I think it fits well...  It goes well with the fiddle...

Overall the concept is really cool.. and gives it an edge I think that makes it even more interesting...

Just my opinion....  But, at the same time, I have to agree with JBP, GO MAKE MONEY!! GEEEZ DUDE!  This is incredible.... Guys like Marino and Toasted Goat are too old to make money now, noone wantsto see these guys on stage, their ugly too..  Me, I'm not only old and ugly, I can't play fer shit.. but you dude!! YOUR AWESOME!!  And JBP, heed your own advice young sir... 

JimK
#13November 19th, 2008 · 11:31 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Holy
Drugs.

Man, your work is freaking amazing. You should be out there, getting your self a record label.
I want to go into target, or anywhere, go look at the CDs and see your first CD there.

I WILL BUY IT! I WILL BUY IT ALL!
#14March 17th, 2009 · 05:43 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
110%
Simply superb Taka San.
You must be getting this material through to the right ears .
I hope we are not out of line here

http://www.taxi.com/industry.php

Ok this is the taxi listings page
As a member we have had some stuff forwarded through over past 12 months, some still here on bandamp,
if it's forwarded about 5% chance , they inform you + name of company it's going to.So audition and submit  directly>
crucial music was one , pump audio , qwpm lots of them {check them too google , web stats etc} >>>>>>>placement services offering 50% split non exclusive you own all rights etc .
Sorry to sound boring but we believe you have amazing future with blessings.
Great to hear your posting on the mighty bandamp .
We are humbled .
BTW love the song

#15March 17th, 2009 · 06:35 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yes, fantastic stuff. Hows going btw, do you have a band yet, and performing? You should!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 8th, 2024 · 7:51 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.