#1November 8th, 2008 · 04:53 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
22 posts
Belgium
With you watching over me
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 4 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-11

Struck by a religious mood, this wave came out.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 8th, 2008 · 05:08 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Pretty nice melody in the chorus. Would love to hear a better production if you ever manage to get one!

Good job.
#3November 9th, 2008 · 09:06 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
hmmmm.... to me it's like 2 things can't come together... one is your singing and the other one is the music....
your voice has an interesting timbre and style but in some bars you can't hold the note and this shows me that you shouldn't sing while you are playing the guitar. If you have a multi track record software you should think about using it.
If you were a candidate in a casting show I would tell you: to go home, work on your skills (they are there basically) and then present a completely new design. But for now you are not in the re-call.
Anyway this is only my little opinion
#4November 10th, 2008 · 10:18 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
22 posts
Belgium
How to stop breathing
TritonKeyboarder wrote :
this shows me that you shouldn't sing while you are playing the guitar
You might as well have asked me to stop breathing
No really, I'll do a better recording someday (when I retire maybe ?).
You were right on the 2 notes I missed in the first chorus.
And you were right about the casting show too. That's something performers enter in, isn't it ?
I'm just a humble songwriter, though. For me it's about the message, not the package.
#5November 29th, 2008 · 11:19 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
The song is pretty good I like your lyrics.. TK said pretty much everything that needs fixing.. compression would help you a lot.  Your levels are all over the place.  or  back away from the mic some more, point your voice to just over the top of the mic. try to sing at an even level using good vocal mic technique to bring out more energy in the climatic parts.  The problem is and this is true...... people judge music by how it sounds to them.  If it sounds good they like it so some recording techniques help get the message across.

This is in Nov battle I vote.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 8:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.