#1November 3rd, 2008 · 04:16 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Stone

This song is not in a battle

impro, dont now what to do with it, except for hoping for some comments/ideas
tried another version but liked this one better, so i am kind a stuck here..
it sounds too improvised here and there,. i know, i took the best parts of 2 takes (left& right) and added the solo's
just a soundscape i guess..

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 3rd, 2008 · 04:33 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
to me it's like a soundtrack... but take out the (very good) solo guitar or put it to the rear.
the base with the toms and the muted rhythm guitar is great... all in all it's a backing track and it needs a catchy melody. I'd suggest an analog synthesizer sound... but that's only me

very well produced...

one question how do record the eguitars? mic from amp or direct to mixer?
#3November 3rd, 2008 · 04:42 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
to me it's like a soundtrack... but take out the (very good) solo guitar or put it to the rear.
the base with the toms and the muted rhythm guitar is great... all in all it's a backing track and it needs a catchy melody. I'd suggest an analog synthesizer sound... but that's only me

very well produced...

one question how do record the eguitars? mic from amp or direct to mixer?

tnx a lot TK , comin from you means something to me!

by taking out the solo gtr u mean all of them? clean and distorted ones?

see what u mean with needing a melody, never my strongest point..., so ill try to work on that..

or do you mean to replace the solo's by the melody..? seems logic to me.., if i had a melody lol

i record gtrs digitally from my Boss gt-6 eff. board straight into my Audiophile USB  ( s/pdif)
#4November 4th, 2008 · 05:49 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
as always i tend to hear it different after i uploaded it here, so now i work on vox on this and threw out most guitars, so v2 will be quite different
#5November 4th, 2008 · 06:47 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
pretty cool,  it sounds like it should be or is part of something else...maybe add another part to change it up. I like the drums sounds, nice tone on the toms,  imho though they need to change into a different beat here and there to make it more interesting.  sounds like you have 2 solos going ,maybe fade/pan out of one into the other one

A good start to what sounds like a very good song.
#6November 4th, 2008 · 02:41 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Im liking this a lot. The Drums are fantastic. ( I see what you mean ). Nice recording..well mixed I think...Good flow musically. Good layering to Max. Do you have lyrics to this Max...? Darnn good work Max..I do agree with TG that there does need to be some kind of a change up in there...other then that...This is good

Nice Rating

Flyer
#7November 6th, 2008 · 01:35 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I like that drums, they really do sound great! This track is really very trippy.

Well I guess I'll just wait till you have the next version up haha. Lots of stuff to work on with in this one!
#8November 7th, 2008 · 02:03 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
47 posts
United States of America
very well mixed. everything is clean and sharp but maybe throw in some chunk or harsher guitar solo. Keep one clean. kinda like a postive and negitive. I think maybe some orcastra strings and choir would be a cool mix. the song has a very dramtic sense and think it would be a good hook. Still song is well put together.
#9November 7th, 2008 · 07:09 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
so far i get great ideas:
- a strong melody, that will be vox i hope, so lyrics will be there too
- modify the drums with some varity
- add a another part, sort of breakdown i think..

solo's are out, maybe ill add one  after all changes, at the right place..(could be a harsher one)

@ sword: i think i have what u say, there's a clean solo, a distorted solo and a crunchy solo..?
- i like  the idea of a choir , strings i dont know yet, must not become too polished i think...

so far i added a bass line and some vox, so i do need to get some work done indeed here PX
(nice to see u again btw)

tnx all alot for comments and ideas ppl!
#10November 7th, 2008 · 01:47 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I'll just add something to previously said: try to give guitars more "order" cause they sound kinda messy sometimes.
But great job, and agree about the "soundtrack" feeling.

> Iszil
#11November 7th, 2008 · 03:12 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Love it... love the chaos... like the overall feel of abandon in the mix and playing.
Fabulous recording - drums, guitar all excellent.  Can imagine Vicious Kitty vocals over this.
It has a King Crimson feel and sound to me.
I think some of the mood would be lost by overthinking this piece.  Obviously, from the comments above, I'm likely to be in the minority here!
May even add some vocals myself if I ever get the chance

#12November 8th, 2008 · 04:01 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
United Kingdom
Really great, as people said it sounds like a soundtrack!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:56 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.