#1October 14th, 2008 · 07:48 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Phoenix

This song is not in a battle

On Sunday morning, my hard-drive of five years  died on me.  I lost everything. Every bit of music I have ever written, every paper, every picture, every file I have ever made in the past five years is now gone. I backed up nothing. Included in this loss was a rough  mix of this song.

After installing all of my software on my laptop, I recorded this song again. I didn't have any of my old samples, so I had to use a free drumkit I found on the internet. I'm not sure if it sounds better or worse than my old drum samples, but I do know that I spent more time and effort on this song than most others.

Lyrics:
A bird that I owned
Had beautiful feathers
It’s rarely sputtered tears
Could cure any ill
But  then one day
I could easily remember
It lit aflame
And Fell to the ground
To the ground

Pile of ashes
Speaks of the past and
Fire is in the future
Winter is over
No longer colder
And summer is coming soon

Wonderful bird
Its brightly sharpened beak
Could kill any beast
That dared to breathe
But then one day
I can easily remember
Its feathers  caught fire
And burned it all down
it all down

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 15th, 2008 · 04:19 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i know what u must feel like, i lost all tapes once, then all minidiscs, and also one HD crashed on me before, so now i keep everything i made here on the amp

nice song, nice mix, love the feel of it, but that crash gets annoying a bit after a while, maybe use it less

voice sounds a bit 'nosey' but fits the sphere well, i like the lyrics too, that poor bird lol

so u are gonna redo all your songs?
#3October 15th, 2008 · 12:36 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
I agree with you about the crash cymbal. The new set I have only has one crash, and one crash velocity, so I'm used to mixing it up a bit, but wasn't able to with these samples.

I'm not going to remake my songs, because they're all stored here.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:39 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.