#1October 8th, 2008 · 01:07 PM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Piano Piece

This song is not in a battle

Hey guys,

I recorded this today, the melody popped up in my head,
Not much to say about it actually, just listen!

Regards

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 8th, 2008 · 02:44 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Woah. Right from the beginning I was blown away. Awesome melody man.
Very good recording as well. Very nicely composed, fantastic work. You should write pieces for people for like...movies...or...plays or something...

Sweet tune man.
Its short, sweet, and really awesome.
#3October 8th, 2008 · 08:13 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
very very good. emotive and beautiful. Kunadians right, it could be used in a film score. my only criticism is that its too short. I'd like to hear it fade out more gradually. But I'd also like to hear what else it could become. I think this would really suit some sweet spannish guitar work (I think I already hear some very faint guitar work), You could have a crescendo and such like... Its got alot of potential for playing about with. downloaded (hope ya don't mind)

well done

Ian
#4October 9th, 2008 · 11:16 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I always like to hear you play the piano..When a melody just pops in your head its best to get to it right away. I don't know how many times I have had a tune come to me and a few days later I go to play it somewhat chord wise and to come to find out I have totally forgot what it was..lol...This is really nice Steven..I enjoyed listening

Flyer

Nice rating
#5October 10th, 2008 · 04:35 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Piano Piece
so nice .....................
just wish i could do similar............love it!!!

fish
#6October 11th, 2008 · 11:13 AM
12 threads / 12 songs
89 posts
Canada
Good job
This is sweet. There is a era of time this reminds me off. The 30's? Not sure but well done! You have perfect tempo. Need to listen to more of your stuff. Have a great weekend....jgv
#7October 11th, 2008 · 12:54 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
108 posts
Bulgaria
Wow effect!
Congratulations!Very well done! I like this intrumental.Mekes me thinking ,and that is damn good

-=ReFlex
#8October 30th, 2008 · 05:22 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
I see a park with people strolling through the yard. Some trees, some aged people, some ladies walking the children in buggies. Really enjoyed it. Thought it was long enough.
#9October 30th, 2008 · 07:14 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Love the song. The melody is both lovely and dark.. Great left hand work.  You have been playing for years?
top notch playing and writing.
#10October 31st, 2008 · 02:42 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yep simply a great job. It has a certain classical feel to it, while still retaining a easily accessible song structure. I absolutely loved it.

Commercial potential it has! Arrange it you must! On the radio you will hear it! :P

Well what I mean is - this could easily fit in a movie of sorts - are you working towards doing live performances and such? Have you approached any record labels yet?
#11October 31st, 2008 · 04:49 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Not much to say about it actually, just excellent!
and I do love the natural sound of the piano
#12October 31st, 2008 · 05:58 AM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Thanx guys!

Well I'm studying at the Rock Academy in Tilburg, focussing
on composing, and trying to start a business. However, I still have to set everything up,
and I need fellow musicians.. most likely guitar players..

So if anyone is interested, let me know.

And thanx a lot for all the great comments!
#13October 31st, 2008 · 01:11 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Once again another very nice piece of music.  Good composition, decent subtle use of strings within a solid piano theme.  All well played and recorded.
For me, this music suffers by being a) way too short, and b) just too linear... in that I mean that it's all well and good moving the music down a path, but you need to look off to the side too!

I would have liked something extra in there, not sure exactly what, but still wanted something else.

#14November 3rd, 2008 · 06:58 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
somehow i had a vision this was played on my funeral   (pls dont ask why lol)

its a great piece, short though, i'd love a halftime tempo break, goin deeper and more sad maybe, then come back with the theme....
just my idea when listening quite a few times..

I'd love to go to the Rock Academy! too bad life has swallowed my ambitions and i am stuck in job and money things though 

love to collaberate somehow though...gonna listen to more of your work, seem to have missed your uploads 

anyway
#15December 5th, 2011 · 11:40 AM
17 posts
Canada
Boo!  Steven, I do hope to see your name up on the big screen one day. I know you can do it. Just imagine, you and a soundtrack playing all over the world! YAY!  lol
Your musical piecces are fantastic.  You have such a wonderful talent and it should never be placed on the back burner and forgotten.  The more I listen, the more I want from you.  I "expect" more!  lol
I'm a fan 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:20 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.