#1October 5th, 2008 · 07:44 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
Need some help/advice/input

This song is not in a battle

This is a tune I'm working on, I'm having some trouble with the bridge.  If anyone has any ideas please comment.  This isn't a "mix" or anything, it's still something I am composing, so please don't comment on the mix, I need help or input on the composition, specifically the bridge at 3:52.  This has been bugging me, and I'm not really sure what I want to happen.  Anything anyone has to say is welcomed and appreciated!
Peace,
Drew

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 5th, 2008 · 02:07 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
absolutely great start of this piece, love the riffs and sound, but after a while "the train stops too much"

i see what u mean with the problem of the break, it misses direction somehow although the atmosphere is nice.maybe the place ain't right..(might be a nice outro..)

i think it has to do with each other, although you vary a lot with that great riff, it doesn't start'groovin or rollin', excuse me searching for the right word here, my english is limited, but the rhythm and the riff are 'broken', and at some point it should be driving.., (playing all the eights..well, hope u get the point...)

then that break at +/- 1:00m is great, but u also have a break at +/_ 2:30,and then u want a break  again??,

i'd say let the beat and the riff 'roll' after a good intro,twice, and then come up with the break, then start up again, work to the rolling part again, then the first break at the point u want one now?(so skip that break on 1:00)

this  groovin might work for the riff u start after that clean break at 1:30 (and 3:08) too btw, i long for it! lol !

well, just a point of view     hope it helps u a bit,

sound is not bad btw, nice balance
#3October 5th, 2008 · 02:33 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
This has some wicked stuff in it...Ill give you my two cents but this is just me..
Ok:
You have that dream theater type arrangement which to me seems the right thing to put in that 3:50 and eliminated the first two times you do it...I would take advantage of your arpeggios,open chords and power chords to work the melody (either vocal or instrumental)as the point of focus...As you get closer to the 350 mark then cut in that tight scale like arrangement climaxing on the original 350 part you had but maybe a bit cleaner(with solo)...Then just bring back the last verse,chorus and outro...
#4October 5th, 2008 · 07:36 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
thanks for the input guys, the first couple of breaks are actually the verses in the song, I wanted it to have some dynamics in the arrangement and not be just this long loud thing the entire way through, I think part of the problem is that the middle bridge piece sounds too much like the verses, and also lacks direction. 

(Quote:)
 i think it has to do with each other, although you vary a lot with that great riff, it doesn't start'groovin or rollin', excuse me searching for the right word here, my english is limited, but the rhythm and the riff are 'broken', and at some point it should be driving.., (playing all the eights..well, hope u get the point...)

not quite sure what you were getting at here Max, or which section?  ( oh, and I RARELY ever play straight eighths, lol)
#5October 5th, 2008 · 07:59 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Its hard to know what dynamics are you going for without the vox..As far as I can tell and this is again to me              , sounds like your burning a great climatic arrangement way to soon as oppose to working your dynamics with sound projection and not arrengement performance.Then again another possibility would be to retain that arrengement integrity and branch off with secondary arrangement theme that anchors itself that set of first ones which If I understand correctly your saying they are verses...I though your verses would be the more open parts ,they seem good for melody...anyways just my opinion is your song so run with what you hear..
#6October 6th, 2008 · 05:23 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
hmm...just reading these over again, the outro idea might be pretty cool, I'll have to play around with it some.  The structure of the song is currently:
Intro (0:00-0:38),
Half Chorus (0:38),
Verse 1 (0:51),
Crazy metal riff 1 (1:20),
Pre-chorus (1:33),
Heavy riff (Insane screaming section) (1:47),
Chorus 2 (2:00),
Verse2 (2:25),
Crazy Metal Riff 2 (2:54),
Pre-chorus (3:07),
Chorus 3 (3:26),
Bridge (the section that is pissing me off) (A solo would also happen somewhere in here)(3:52),
Heavy Riff 2 (Insane solo/screaming section) (5:34),
Chorus Variation (6:00) ,
Chorus 4 (6:25),
Heavy riff 3 (Insane screaming section) (6:51),
Fin
In fact the entire outro section was mostly just copied and pasted together from previous parts to just kind of get a feel for the arrangement that I wanted.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:23 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.