#1September 28th, 2008 · 04:23 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
Ode mix 4

This song is not in a battle

RIGHT...
so I remixed everything and dabbled a little with panning some of the tracks...I tested the track on this computer's speakers, it definitely sounds better! at least to me.  I probably won't mess with this TOO much more I'll let my producer do that when I can get into a real studio, lol.  let me know what y'all think, I think the drums still sound a little loud, but hopefully not quite as harsh as the first track.
Enjoy

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 28th, 2008 · 09:53 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
drums still need work,  the level of the guitars during the solos could come up a bit.  The panning helped a bunch.  kick ass song and great playing.
#3September 28th, 2008 · 01:15 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yes I agree with goat..Not sure whats up with the drums,but they need a bit of work within the mix..bring the guitars up they rule!!1they need to be heard!!!nice separation on them though..Its getting there!
#4September 28th, 2008 · 02:46 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
this one is going right to m playlis!
#5September 29th, 2008 · 06:24 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the feedback guys...I'm gonna fiddle around a little more with the levels...I might have to just take everything back down to zero and build the levels back up.   I'll post an update. 
haha glad you like the tune Rap. 
#6September 29th, 2008 · 06:33 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
actually...if anyone has any more input on what they are hearing wrong with the drums that would be really useful.  Myself I like the sound and dynamics, although the drums sound a little loud in this mix.  Is it just the levels? or are you guys hearing other problems? Some more specifics would be great!
Peace
#7September 29th, 2008 · 09:06 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i do have lots of tips how to improve your sound.., but it will be like i am giving a course in mixing here and i dont have time enough for that myself...,
also i dont know how many mics and tracks the drums are recorded with/to,(that would be helpfull in the first place so i dont give tips you cant use), and i need to know weather u have compression available or not.
btw. dig eq. can do little wonders too

so, ill tell what i hear now:
-base sounds soft and needs more lo (boost30-100Hz, cut 100-500Hz and boost10kH and higher for attack and presence (numbers are global, use ears)
-snare is a bit loud but needs more presence, sounds far away cause the lack of brilliance(hi eq) and find its specific sound by boosting som mid hi(2K-10K) (or cut besides that)
-adjust levels after eq when u boost or cut much, for audio quality its better to cut than to boost with eq in general.but keep master mixer volume always(!!) at 0db, and track volumes as high as needed

-i think the cymbals do overpower the guitars now(which gives an energetic feel so dont muffle them away pls)

-use a nice recorded song from a band u admire for reference, just play it now and then while u are mixing, so u hear the differences, your ears will otherwise get used to your own mix too much.
for example: i tried to remix my last upload rocky21 with a Metallica song as reference, cause i liked that sound (the song was a cover from Maiden's "Remember Tomorrow") and ill upload that to hear the difference if u want me to( i am not yet done with the guitars yet since i dont play as great as you lol)

-u can easily find an instruments "character" (specific tone) by using a very small(pointy) Q en boost that much, and then turn the freq. until u find the most energy, then widen the Q and soften the gain until its nice in balance, or if its an unwanted energy, cut it the same way

well theres a lot more to do with compression, gating, panning and eq-ing the guitars and lets not start with the stereo out possibilities, but you did have a producer for that didnt you?

now i listened about 10 times to your song and i like very much it but its enough for now :P

rests me one question: could u teach me to play solo like you do in a pm pls?

#8September 29th, 2008 · 10:00 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
United States of America
MaxdB, this is the best feedback I've gotten
THANK YOU!
I'm gonna have to experiment with your suggestions I've read up a lot on mixing and various techniques, but it's hard to get good feedback on the things I'm working on now. I have a few problems at the moment one of which is a not very good acoustic environment.  OH well, we use what we can.
as far as teaching you how to solo...
I'll have to see what general level you are already at...I can give you a number of tips and pointers.  I teach music for a living, but it depends more on what you need vs what I know that I can teach you.
send me a PM and we can discuss further.
Peace.
#9September 29th, 2008 · 11:03 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
hehe, i was kinda kiddin bout the teachin, but i cant resist any offer in this, ill pm u anyway, soon.
no tnx at all btw, the music deserves to be delivered best
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:26 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.